27

Noah

I was well aware of Kerry sleeping beside me. Her hair cascaded around her like an angel. Not even a fucking picture could show the world that she is beautiful. I stared at her perfections and imperfections with adoration. Truly, her beauty was captivating and her heart was made of gold.

She stirred in her sleep, her hand grasping lightly on my tshirt and leaning her cheek on my chest. The woman of my dreams was right here in my arms and I couldn't ask anything more than this. Her eyelids slowly fluttered open. I propped myself up on my elbow so I could look into her eyes.

"Hi." She mumbled softly.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead. Kerry shivered slightly from the little gesture. I loved kissing her in the forehead, it made me feel like I'm her protector.

"Good morning, mi amor." I replied.

A slight blush made it's way on her cheeks which was my favorite thing to watch in the mornings. She's shy when she wakes up beside me and I love that about her. Her shy nature makes me want to cuddle her in my arms and never let go.

"I'm sorry I held you back yesterday."

I turned on my side to face her. She leaned onto my touch when I brushed her hair behind her ear.

"It was worth it. I have zero regrets, Kerry."

"How was it worth it?"

I grinned. "Holding you to myself, sleeping beside you, and the best goodnight sleep I've gotten."

Her blush brightened.

"And..." I lowered myself closer to her til I was in her breathing space. "I'm happier than ever when you're next to me."

She averted her gaze from me which made me chuckle and pull away. She was bright red.

"You look cute when you're like this." I told her.

"I don't take compliments that well." She mumbled.

"Try getting used to it now because I'll never stop complimenting you." Her lips turned upwards. "I'll go make us breakfast. Do you need help freshening up?"

"I'll be fine."

"Ok."

When breakfast was done and I had finished washing the dishes. I plopped myself beside Kerry on the bed. Today was her check up so I decided to stay at home with her. Today was supposed to be only me and mi amor, no one else.

Kerry busied herself in her book and I was getting restless. I had nothing to do and she had the book to finish. I didn't wanna disturb her but I needed to get her attention on me. Am idea popped up in my head.

I lowered myself on her lap, placing my head on the lap and staring up at her. Kerry put the book down and gazed down at me. She looked confused and shy again.

"I thought you needed to be working or something." She voiced out.

"I wanted to spend time with you after your check up. I didn't want to leave you alone like that."

"I would have been fine, Noah. You don't have to tale care of me this much."

"What if I want to take care of you for the rest of my life?"

She looks away but I catch that scared look on her face. I know she wasn't ready to spend her life with me and I wouldn't be forcing her. It was her choice. I'd let her choose.

"What if I don't want you to?" She says, shocking me with her words.

"I'd still do it anonymously because I don't want you to be alone. I want to be there for you even if you don't know that I'm there."

Her gaze returns back at me. And then she once again shocks the hell out of me. Kerry leans forward and kisses my forehead softly. I swear I could feel my heart in my throat and I could feel electricity coursing through me. Fuck, she had me speechless and trembling.

Where did the bold Kerry come from? Oh Godess, she keeps surprising me. That small gesture meant the world to me. My stomach was full of butterflies now and my wolf was howling in joy.

I'm about to ask her what that kiss meant to her when she starts caressing my hair. That feels so good.
Her fingers move deeper in my hair and I sigh in content and close my eyes.

We were comfortable with each other. This is what I had imagined but it was better than my imagination. All the imagery creations in my head felt nothing compared to this reality. Heck, all this felt like a dream.

The rest of the day passed like this. Me, laying on Kerry's lap and talking about random things which make her laugh or smile. I noticed one thing. Kerry was quickly warming up to me. Maybe one day she would fall in love with me too.

In the evening, the doctor checked up on her. He concluded that she was getting better. Her wounds were healing slowly and that the poison had successfully been destroyed by the medicines.

"Noah, can I ask you a question?"

"Hmm."

"Before that she... wolf wounded me, she admitted that you... that you only belonged to her. She said that no one can take you away from her." I lifted my head off her lap and sat straight, facing her. "She also said that I will never be able to be a good leader because I'm human and-"

"Kerry, don't take her words at heart. She was only trying to point out the wrong things to you. The truth is that she would never be able to become a good leader as you. Someone with so much kindness, love and care will always be great leaders and you are one of them. She only wanted to hurt you, nothing else."

"But Noah, she... she loved you." She insisted.

"Only for the position and power, not for who I and my wolf am." I told her honestly.

"Did you... l-love her?"

I smiled at her. "I've only loved one girl and I'll love her forever no matter what. All I'm waiting for is to make her see and realize what she needs to realize."

She looks down at her hand, a blush taking over her face. Ethereal beauty lies within her. I've never seen someone so gorgeous. And everytime I look at her, she appears more and more beautiful each day.

"Love is rare and you are that rare piece in my heart that keeps getting better. I cherish the love I hold for you, mi amor, and I hope... one day I can also cherish your love for me."

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺