Chapter six

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo.

Please see author note at end.
____________________________________________

Soul society, Squad three barracks

The word Zanpakutō, meaning soul-cutter sword, is the chosen primary weapon of a soul reaper. The blade used to slay hollows, and purify their tainted souls, of the sin of murder. The Zanpakutō is the soul reapers partner in battle, in life, and remains with the soul reaper from birth till death. Few soul reapers would ever enter battle without their Zanpakutō by their side.

Kira Izuru, the lieutenant of squad three, was currently in the court yard of the squad barracks trying to peacefully settle a dispute between two squad members. Trying to prevent the two form un-sheathing their swords.

"You dirty cheat, I know you stole my sake! That bottle cost me a whole months pay give it back or I'll cut you to ribbons", one of the men shouted.

The other man unsheathed his Zanpakutō, "Oh yeah, is that so, I'd love to see you try, I'll reduce you to mince meat"!

The two men's loud quarrel was quickly gaining the notice of the other squad members, who were starting to gather round the two.

Izuru sweat dropped, "Men please, I'm sure we can settle this like adults, remember Captain Suzuki's rule about fighting with each other. I'm sure we can work all this out, please put your Zanpakutō's away".

At this point it seemed like the entire squad was present, watching the fight with eager eyes, hoping for some kind of excitement, to cure the boredom they had been experiencing 

To Izuru's despair and his fellow squad members excitement, his words feel on def ears as both men immediately struck at the other, causing their Zanpakutō to release a sound of clashing metal that filled the court yard.

This simple act caused an eruption of shouts and encouraging noises from the on lookers. All except for lieutenant Izuru who reached and seized the handle of his own Zanpakutō prepared to interfere.

"Screw captain Suzuki he's not here is he," One of the men shouted. After a minute of struggling the two men jumped back from each other.

The man who was accused of stealing the others sake grinned, "Hah, your strong aren't cha, guess I don't have to hold back. He quickly rushed back towards his fellow squad member.

The defending member quickly raised his zanpakutō in front of himself to block the oncoming attack which would have simply lead to another clash of their blades.

Seeing his opponents move the attacking member got an inch away and immediately ducked to the right of the defending member at the last moment slipping past his zanpakutō and catching his friend off guard he spun around aiming his blade to cut his friend's cheek. A grin breaking across his face.

"Hah Got ya, you jerk"!

Suddenly a calm voice came from no where, "Bakudō number one Sai"!

Both men dropped their Zanpakutō's, their hands shooting to their backs sticking together as if bound by an invisible chain or rope. Both men struggled against the binding spell.

Izuru looked towards the voice that shouted the spell and looked shocked.

"C-captain Suzuki"?

Standing a good bit away from the crowd with an irritated look on his face was the captain of squad three, Captain Suzuki Asora. The Captain had a look of disdain directed towards not only the two arguing men but towards the onlookers as well.