Chapter sixteen

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo. SPOILER WARNING (at some point in the chapter a character in the thousand year blood war arc will be mentioned. For anime only watchers you might want to skip that part for now. I will put the spoiler waring next to it in () thank you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urahara Shōten, Underground training facility

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few hours since captain Suzuki had broken Ikkaku's arm. The captain had apologized so much that Tessai had convinced him to return up stairs with him to help make everyone tea. This was done to ensure the captain's life was not cut short be literally everyone else who was getting aggravated by his gloomy/panicky attitude.

It had however been at least an hour and the captain and Tessai had not returned. This meant either it was all a ploy to get the captain to leave the underground training area in order to calm him down, or Tessai had killed him out of irritation. Either way almost anyone present (with the exception of Izuru) wouldn't have minded it either way.

Ikkaku's arm had been bandaged up and put into a make shift sling by Ururu who also kept apologizing every time Ikkaku would grumbling or complain his arm was hurting form her tugging and wrapping it up until Orihime arrived.

Ikkaku was busy grumbling to himself and muttering incoherent cuss words.

Renji sighed, "Man Izuru your captain can really go from zero to sixty in a heart beat. Here I though either captain Soi Fon or captain Kurotsuchi were the most unhinged captains of the Gotei thirteen".

Izuru chuckled awkwardly, "Yeah, to be honest I've never seen my captain go so crazy before, heh it's kind of scary".

"I most admit I'm a little peeved you didn't consider my own captain unhinged, though I suppose I should be grateful for that as well," came the emotionless yet at the same time slightly snotty voice of Yumichika, who was standing right behind them suddenly.

"Oh," Izuru said slightly startled, "Um... how's Ikkaku"?

Yumichika sighed and shook his head, "Besides his bruised pride I'd say he's completely fine. He's so busy complaining and grumbling to him self I figured I come and talk to you guys. Your captain is something else, though I hate to admit it. Where did he learn to move like that, I've never seen such a fast flash step before".

"Izuru nodded, "If I'm being truthful I can't really say, my captain's past is as much of a mystery to me as it is to the rest of you".

"Hmm I see, perhaps Urahara can shed some light on the situation, where did he go anyway"?

Renji scoffed, "Come on, and the two of you call your selves soul reapers. Kisuke went up stairs to make sure Tessai hadn't killed captain Suzuki, and to make sure the store was still in one piece. He should be back any minute".

As if on cue Kisuke walked out from behind a big rock near the ladder, with him captain Hitsugaya, Rangiku, and Orihime.

The three soul reapers got up and met the other four over by Ikkaku who was still grumbling to him self.

"Hey Orihime, how have you been, and where's Ichigo," Renji asked smiling but looking around to try and spot the orange spikey haired substitute soul reaper.

At the mention of Ichigo's name A dark cloud seemed to loom over Orihime, "well um... Ichigo went off somewhere to train and I haven't seen him since. but I'm sure he's fine," she said smiling at the end. Though it was obvious she was worried.