Chapter 25

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo.

(Author note: I want to dedicate this chapter to my moms dog who was killed today (6/22/23). Rest in peace little dog brother we'll see you one day at the rainbow bridge :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urahara Shōten

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once night fell everyone returned to the Urahara Shōten for the night, to eat and rest up. When Izuru got there he noticed something was off. First off Captain Hitsugaya looked like he was about to snap at the first person who so much as looked at him. Second his captain was wearing a hat with his hair tucked into it, being completely hidden. Everyone was hanging around the dining area looking defeated with the exception of captain Suzuki who had an apologetic look on his face.

"What happened?" Izuru asked confused. No one answered until captain Suzuki chuckled awkwardly, "Well it seems the head captain caught captains Ukitake, Kuchiki, and captain Hitsugaya here investigating me, and trying to fine some kind of evil agenda I'm supposedly hiding." He laughed and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm not at all offended about all this, just a little hurt. But I'll be fine!"

Izuru looked at captain Hitsugaya who had a sour look on his face, while the other soul reapers in the room had a look of defeat with the exception of Rukia who looked unsure about everything.

"Anyway I think I'm going to go take a quick shower. I'll be back everyone." Captain Suzuki said laughing awkwardly and walked out of the room. As soon as he was out of ear shot Rukia shrugged her shoulders.

"I can't believe the head captain got involved with this situation so quickly. He even threatened my brother. If the head captain is so adamant in protecting this man perhaps we should just back off. It wouldn't be too wise testing the head captain, especial with everything going on with Aizen and the arrancar right now." "Unfortunately I think your right Rukia. Right now we don't have sufficient evidence to bring to either the head captain or the captains council." Captain Hitsugaya said.

"Wait, we're just giving up like that? Come on captain, if captain Suzuki isn't who he claims to be then we need to figure out just who he really is." Renji said throwing out his hands. Izuru sighed, "Renji, angering the head captain wouldn't be too wise, as captain Hitsugaya pointed out. It would be best if we settled down and just observed."

Renji looked shocked at Izuru's words, "What are you talking about Izuru? Surly your not going to simply believe this guy? I thought after Ichimaru and Amagai you would have woken up Izuru!" Izuru was taken back by his friends outburst, however he couldn't help but recall the words of that arrancar again, 'I have it on good standing that your captain isn't who he claims to be. In fact once you know who he is you'll feel so disgusted with your self for allowing both yourself and your fellow squad members to be so deceived, you might take your own Zanpakutō and end your own miserable life.' The words were like a dripping faucet, no matter how he tired to shut it off it kept dripping.

The room fell deathly quite and no one made a noise, not a single sound was heard. Everyone in the room felt uneasy as if any minute Aizen himself would appear right in the room and strike them all down. No one was willing to speak.

The sliding door to the side slammed open to reveal a sweating Tessai. He was wearing a floral apron instead of his usual Urahara Shōten apron. The intimidating giant merely looked into the room and pushed his glasses up. "Dinner is ready. If your all ready, come eat."