Chapter 14

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out side a remote mountain book store
___________________________________________________________

Captain Hitsugaya looked shocked as Captain Suzuki held his unsheathed Zanpakutō. In a cold emotionless voice he released his blade.

"Now wilt and mourn eternally Shioreta karitori".

In what seemed like slow motion, shadows appeared from around the sword guard and wrapped around the sword. The shadows came to a point at the top of the blade then curved out to a point then began to curve back in into a spacious spiral that didn't close. Between the two blades sat a lantern which was currently unlit. The part of the blade that branched from the guard was silver on the side of the blade but the edge was black. The lantern was also pitch black minus the glass that would contain the flame. The lantern its self was in the shape of an octagon. 

Captain Suzuki held his Zanpakutō away from him self and seemed to flinch once it was fully transformed.

Toshiro couldn't help but have an unsettled feeling about this strange shaped Zanpakutō. It was as if all positive emotions he had ever had was slowly being taken from him and being drawn into that strange blade.

"Captain Histugaya once again I ask for you to stay put and out of my way please. You see my Zanpakutō is a rather nasty one. Getting cut by my blade is not advised."

Suddenly without warning the ash grey hollow rushed at went to strike Suzuki. His massive blade smashing into the Captains own blade. The impact caused Suzuki to be pushed slightly into the ground, though he didn't seem to even flinch.

"Tell me soul reaper are you so full of your self that you actually think you alone can handle Five Gillian and two Adjuchas," He turned to look at his companion, "Don't you or those foot soldiers get in my way understood. I'll deal with this one my self, then I'll kill his companion."

As soon as his words left his mouth the hollow turned back around and began slamming his blade arm repeatedly at Captain Suzuki. As he was slamming and slashing at the Captain who was simply standing there taking in the attacks the hollow was laughing manically.

After what felt like minutes, the hollow stopped still pressing his blade against the captain's. The Captain him self's feet were now pressed into the ground so much his ankles were not ground level.

"Hah have you had enough soul reaper? Are you going to beg for mercy? Haha".

Captain Suzuki merely looked at the Hollow and smiled a closed eye smile, one that did not reach his eyes.

"My, my, are you quite done? You know if you were a member of my division I'd reprimand you severely for the massive combat sin you just committed".

Without hesitation Suzuki raised his left hand up and lightly grabbed his enemy's blade and slowly ran his hand on the edge.

"Captain Suzuki what are you doing," Hitsugaya demanded shocked by his fellow captains action. His eyes quickly opened in shock however when Realization dawned on him.

Captain Suzuki clicked his tongue and chuckled darkly. He raised his hand up and faced his palm towards captain Hitsugaya.

"It's quite all right Captain Hitsugaya, as you can see this dull blade couldn't even cut the air around us, much less my hand," Captain Suzuki then turned his hand back to his opponent and looked at him with an unsettling and strange smile.