Chapter 22

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo. (see author's note at the end)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Urahara Shōten

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Izuru along with his fellow Soul Reapers and Orihime, were all sitting around in Mr. Urahara's shop's residential area. They were patiently waiting for captain Suzuki to arrive and give his explanation about his father and just how those Arrancar from yesterday had known him.

Izuru had gone to wake his captain up that morning but a note on his rooms doors asked for everyone to wait for him and that he would be with the when he felt better.

Izuru like his friends and captain Hitsugaya were all confused on just why captain Suzuki was 'recovering' from the fight yesterday. He seemed perfectly fine with the exception of course of his mood, which had taken a drastic change from happy go lucky to down right gloomy during and after the fight. As soon as they had returned to the Shōten the captain had ran to his room and apparently barricaded himself inside of it.

"If he doesn't show up soon I'm going to drag him out here by his split ends," Yumichika said with his eye twitching out of annoyance.

Izuru mentally sweat at Yumichika's rather rude threat. He looked towards the door way that lead to his captains room and felt uneasy. 'Perhaps he ran off, I wonder. I maybe he's plotting something?'

With out warning captain Suzuki came walking from the opposite direction and bent down to where his knees were pointing out in the right and left position. He looked in the direction that everyone else was looking at and scratched his head.

"What are we looking at?"

Rangiku yelped throwing a hair brush she was using to comb Orihime's hair with directly at the captains face.

Without even trying to move the comb hit the captain right in the middle of his face and he yelped. He quickly brought up both of his hands in a defensive position to block his face and started whimpering.

"Rangiku, that hurt! What did I ever do to you huh?" He whimpered a few moments until he removed his hands and stuck out his tongue, "Haha just kidding," He said grinning.

Hitsugaya frowned and shook his head. He was clearly not in the mood for such crazy and, in his opinion, childish actions from a so called equal.

"Enough of this foolishness. Either tell us about your father or go back to your room and pout like a child already."

Captain Suzuki did pout but then he nodded and got a serious look to his face. He nodded and when he opened his mouth everyone could tell he was being serious.

"Right, where to begin. My father was a soul reaper apart of the thirteen court guard. He was a very trusted man who was well loved by his fellow squad members but was rather misunderstood by the rest of his fellow soul reapers. He was a good man who I admired greatly. I couldn't even begin to look at anyone like I did my father. I truly thought the sun rose and sat in him. I really did love my father, you see my mother died when I was a new born due to complications she had while having me, so I nerve knew her.
Anyway, my father was a trusted man. But as it turned out he was selling secrets about not only his squad, but classified documents and information about the other squads as well, too enemies. When the Head captain found out he had no choice but to hush the whole incident up. No one, not even the other captains, were permitted to know about his actions. When the head captain sent to arrest him... he was gone."

Rangiku looked at the captain with an uneasy look, "What do you mean gone?"

"Just that, he had disappeared. He sent several members of squad one after him. However they never found him. I believe he's out there somewhere. When I found out what he did I swore to find him and kill him for his treachery and lies. If there's one thig I can't stand its a traitor."

"If that's the truth then why hold out on telling any of us for so long? Why wait until an enemy brought him up?"

Everyone turned to see Rukia Kuchiki standing in the door way, her arms crossed with a skeptical look on her face.

"And you are," captain Suzuki asked raising an eyebrow.

Rukia uncrossed her arms and bowed slightly. "Rukia, Rukia Kuchiki, of squad thirteen. It's an honor to finally meet you captain Suzuki. I've heard quite a lot about you from Renji. However I have to admit your story is unbelievable."

Captain Suzuki scratched the back of his head and sighed, "I understand where your coming from. But I assure you its true. I would suggest you ask the head captain... but as I said its confidential. Even the other captains have no idea about it. In fact if the head captain knew I was even telling you all this... well I'd hate to think what he'd do to me."

"I see, but tell me. If it's so confidently how exactly do you know," Rukia asked watching the captain rather carefully.

Suzuki sighed, "I'm his son. I naturally noticed my fathers disappearance. I was a student at the academy at the time. However my father always stopped by at the end of each day and took me out to eat so we could tell each other about our day. When I realized he wasn't coming I sent a letter to the head captain. He immediately sent members of squad one after me and brought me to see him.
I told him I had no idea where my father was, or why he was gone. That's when the head captain told me what had happened. I had never felt so betrayed in my life. Despite how I was taking the news, the head captain ordered me to tell no one. So I swore I wouldn't. I'm asking all of you, please do not say a word of this to anyone."

Rukia nodded, "alright, I believe you... for now. But I can't say your story adds up completely."

Captain Suzuki smiled and bowed, "Thank you Ms. Kuchiki. I appreciate it."

Captain Suzuki looked at Izuru and frowned. He could tell something was bothering his lieutenant. He placed a hand on his shoulder which caused him to jolt. "Lieutenant Kira, are you alright?"

Izuru forced a reassuring smile and nodded, "yes captain. I'm fine, I'm simply sorry to hear about your father is all. I promise we'll find him and bring him to justice."

Captain Suzuki smiled and patted Izuru's shoulder, "Thank you lieutenant. I appreciate it. I really do."

Ikkaku grunted, "How can we really trust you if we can't confirm this with the only other person who knows supposedly knows about this?"

Captain Suzuki smiled softly. "I assure you Madarame, I'm telling the truth. please just believe me."

Yumichika noticed that the captain used Ikkaku's last name, instead of his first despite both of them telling him to simply call them by their first. And despite the fact he had used them earlier yesterday after the two told him too. However he bite his tongue and kept quiet.

"Very well. If that's everything I'm going to go patrol the area," captain Hitsugaya said turning around and walking out of the room.

Once Hitsugaya was out side and out of ear shot he lifted his phone which he had pretended to be monitoring hollows on during Suzuki's little story and brought it to his ear. "I hope you got all that captain Ukitake?"

"Yes I head it all. I'll go to the head captain in a bit. Captain Kuchiki and I are on our way to the soul reaper academy to speak with he head instructor there. We're going to get to the bottom of this."

________________________________________

Word count: 1284

Original posted date: 5/30/2023

Edited: 6/20/23

Author note: I everyone so to things, One: Do you guys trust captain Suzuki's story or do you think he's lying? Also I want to apologies if you didn't care for the last chapter. Fight scenes aren't really my thing (if you couldn't tell I suck at writing them) and I was trying to hurry and finish the chapter so it is what is it I'm afraid.
Anyway I hope your all enjoying the story so far. Stay safe out there everyone :)