chapter 31

Disclaimer: I do not own Bleach nor am I associated with bleach or anyone involved with it in any way. Bleach is the property of its original creator, Tite Kubo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karakura town

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One week. A single week had passed since Captain Su- since Asora Ichimaru had been apprehended and arrested. From what Izuru and the others were told he was locked up in the Maggots Nest.

As much as the soul reapers in the world of the living wanted to pretend to not be effected by it, they were all still in shock over the man they had trusted is betrayal. Each of them were dancing around the subject, not bringing it up. They tried to go about their normal routines, as if everything was fine. However even the two loud mouths of squad Eleven were being unusually stoic and calm.

The two soul reapers who were taking it the hardest however were none other then Rangiku and Izuru. Everyone was treating the two lieutenants as if they were fine china that would shatter at any given moment. It was slightly annoying for the two lieutenants. However it was obvious to everyone that the two weren't taking the previous events well, what so ever.

Rangiku was more quite then usual. She was moping around and hadn't even shirked off her duties to go shopping. Out of concern Captain Hitsugaya had even offered to pay for a small shopping spree, to which the red haired woman declined. She was drinking sake still but instead of being her usual boisterous and loud self, she was quite and reserved even when drunk.

Izuru was no better, he was even more gloomy then usual and had been actively avoiding his fellow Soul Reapers. Going out of his way to get up early and patrol the surrounding areas until way late into the early morning. At this point he had to be running on fumes. The few times he was back at base before the others were gone or fast asleep, he'd decline dinner and simply choose to spend the time he had outside on the roof, staring at the sky. Most of the time Rangiku would join him.

Renji had finally had enough and decided today he was going to confront Izuru and Rangiku. He devised a plan with his fellow Soul Reapers and they were all currently on their way to the spot where Izuru had been stationed at. Rangiku was in tow after a lot of convincing and finally a direct order from the short white haired captain of hers. 

The group of Soul Reapers made it to the forest clearing. The same clearing that had been the witness to Asora's arrest. Standing in the clearing with a confused look on his dreary face was Izuru. His frown deepened when he saw his friends.

"Renji? What's going on, first you guys send me out his to patrol and now your all here? Is this some kind of joke to you Renji?"

The red haired lieutenant shook his head, "Izuru, you and Rangiku have been acting off lately, both of you have been actively avoiding all of us. When any of us do catch one of you, your both clearly upset and unwilling to own up to what's bothering you!"

Captain Hitsugaya stepped next to Renji.

"Izuru, we're all worried about the two of you." He motioned towards Rangiku who sighed and walked over to stand by Izuru. "We can all tell your still hurt by Asora's betrayal. The question however is why?"

Izuru shook his head, "I'm not sure what you want me to tell you Captain. Are you expecting for Rangiku and I to say yes we are hurting? Do you want me to say how badly I wanted to trust Captain Asora? How I wanted him to be the man he claimed to be, even after finding out the truth about him? Do you want me to admit that it feels like he stabbed me with his Zanpakutō right in my heart and it feels like he's constantly twisting it, even though he's gone now?" Izuru shook his head, a look of anger on his face, "Because if that's what you want I'm not going to give it to you. With all due respect, I... I just want to go back to before." Izuru sighed.

Rangiku nodded, "Both of us want to. I may not have know him as well as Izuru but... he reminded me so much of Gin. Even before I knew he was his son. He was warm and gentle when we spoke when no one else was around. Not to mention that night under the stars, just the three of us. I-I can't believe the words he said, those harsh cruel words can't be the real him Captain." 

The white haired Captain sighed, "Rangiku... I'm sorry but neither of you-no- none of us can go back in time. The facts are the facts no matter how much we want them to be false. He's Gin Ichimaru's son, he lied to us all, not to mention he clearly was plotting against not only us but the Soul Society. We had no choice but to arrest him and lock him away. This is for the best rather any of us want to admit it or not."

Izuru and Rangiku both wanted to object to the Captains words. Deep down however they knew it was true. Asora was the only one who knew the truth and they had no reason to assume, other then their own feelings, that he was innocent or lying about what he was saying last time they saw him.

The air surrounding the Soul Reapers was heavy and thick. At first this was assumed to be the result of the tension and concern but they quickly realized it was dense spiritual pressure that hit them full force as soon as they realized it was on them.

"Well, well, you lot simply look out of place in such a happy place." Two Arrancar appeared in front of the group.

"Allow me to reintroduce myself, I am Andres, and this monster with me is my little brother, Leonardo." The shorter of the two said clapping his hands. The wind rustling his slick back hair slightly.

"Now then, I should answer tow question you are probably asking. One, why are we here? Why, we are here to kill you worthless pathetic Soul Reapers. Second, why is this place so happy? Hehe, an obvious answer, you idiots threw away your only hope here and now." He unsheathed his sword. "Your all going to die."

Leonardo smirked, also unsheathing his. His sword had a guard covered in hair like a main, and the blade was quite big. "Proudly roar, león (Lion)."

Instantly the man grew bigger is stature and a main of long hair surrounded his head and neck. His blade disappeared replaced with sharp claws and fangs. He chuckled darkly, "Time for you all to die!"

Andres smirked, raising his sword. His was awkward with the base bigger then the top as the blade went skinny the higher it went. There was no guard and the shape part of the blade looked jagged. "Cackle as they bleed out,  hiena sonriente (Grinning Hyena)."

Andres also changed in appearance, His hair now covered his body and instead of its original color (orange with black patterns in it) his hair was now grey with black patterns. He looked more sickly and his face went to a point, and sharp jagged teeth and claws were now on him, similar to his brother.

"As Leonardo said, time for you Soul Reapers to DIE!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1227

Post date: 9/10/2023 (September 10th 2023)

Author note: Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm going to try and avoid a battle scene (something I'm sure you'll all be thankful for) Which I'm sure you all can assume what that's going to mean. This story is about to wind down with only a few chapters left. Not sure when it will end but sadly all things must come to an end. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. 

Please stay safe out there, and remember to eat and drink properly. Also not to sound soft, but please try to choose love and kindness over hate and cruelty. Everyone is fighting their own battle and they don't need another opponent.

Thank you everyone please be safe and remember you are important to someone :)