Danger

"So...um...I know this is a little overdue, but—"

Zelda looked up from her spot by the campfire outside the tree, chewing on some meat Link had cooked from the fridge. It was turning sundown soon, so they used that opportunity to sit outside and have a nice fire before they had to go.

Link continued his sentence when Zelda gave him her attention—"what was it that happened yesterday that made you act weird?"

Zelda paused her chewing, simply staring at him with wide eyes.

"Later has passed," he inquired with a grin.

Zelda sighed, swallowing what was in her mouth before setting it down on her paper plate.

"Um...it is overdue, I agree—" Zelda laughed—"but, it was just that you were really quiet for some reason, and it's been so long since you've been so quiet since the day we met, so I was just worried something was wrong."

"Oh." Link wiped some juice from the corner of his mouth, looking at the fire blazing in the midday. "Uh...there was just a Gerudo male that passed by me, so it left me wondering."

Zelda almost choked on her food. "Gerudo male?!"

Link nodded, his emotions growing to match hers. "Right?! I don't see them nor hear of them as much as the Gerudo women, so to see a male was shocking. And he was huge!"

"Oh, was it that big guy that you bumped into?"

Link nodded frantically. "Yes!"

"I saw him," Zelda inquired, "but...he was too tall for me to even see his features."

"He had red hair, similar skin to Gerudo except it was darker and greener," Link explained.

Zelda shifted closer to Link, setting down her unfinished plate to sit right by him. "Can you look up what a male Gerudo looks like? I've never known what they looked like before, for I've never looked them up."

Link nodded, but he didn't move to reach for his phone. "First of all, are you gonna finish your food?"

Zelda furrowed her brow, looking back at her food with Link. "Um...no? You want it?"

"Please?"

Zelda laughed at Link's hunger, passing her plate over to him. "Here you go, Sir Link."

Link accepted the plate with glee. "Many thanks, Your Highness."

Zelda watched fondly as he ate the skewer, unable to form a sentence as she simply watched the person she loved.

"And lastly," Link said with a mouth full of food, breaking her from her daydreaming, "we should use your phone, we haven't even touched it."

"Oh," Zelda perked, reaching for her back pocket, "yeah, you're right."

The two looked down at the phone once Zelda took it out, turning it on and navigating to the search engine and looking up "male gerudo".

Much to their surprise, males popped up that had similar features to the one Link had seen. Yet, a much smaller figure.

"That's so weird...," Link mumbled. He set down his empty plate on the ground beside him, pointing at one of the pictures. "He looks nothing like that, but I swear to the gods above he looked so familiar to me, but I've never seen him before in my life!"

"Maybe...déjà vu?" Zelda pitched in. She scrolled through the images, trying to see if they can find anything. "And actual déjà vu this time, not like the ones we've had since we met."