Dreams

Both Zelda and Link awoke from the force of four paws stomping all over their bodies. Link woke up, completely, and groaned in pain when one paw had stepped on his groin.

"Ow, ow—" Link tried dodging the licks from the only thing that could've been making such a ruckus to him and the girl beside him. He told Lake to stand down and sat up after wiping the slobber off his face. He sent a glare toward his dog, but he was only able to hold it for so long before he laughed with the shake of his head.

Zelda sat up right after wiping off her own given dose of slobber from her face and looked alarmingly toward Lake. "He scared me so bad."

Link laughed and rubbed his eyes, groaning slightly from the slight pain down between his legs. "And hurt me so bad. He's heavy."

Zelda was confused as to what he meant, but when she saw him place a hand between his legs she got the memo and blushed. She gave him a slow nod, looking over to her right to find Impa standing there with an amused grin over her face.

Impa laughed, stepping over to sit at the end of the bed with Lake, who was calmly sitting on his hind legs with a lolling tongue. She gave his fur a gentle rub, announcing, "Hope you guys slept well. It's already ten."

When Link felt better he looked up and sniffed, looking around at his surroundings to find he and Zelda had laid on the pillows and not on the edge of the bed where they originally fell asleep after discussing the sword. "Oh. Ten AM?"

Impa nodded, letting Lake go as he passed by a flinching Link to sit on Zelda's lap. He made himself comfortable before laying down.

"He sure does love you a lot," murmured Link.

Zelda smiled when she looked at Link, a taunting look on her face. She didn't say anything, but she did turn to look over to Impa. "So...Link missed school?"

A solid nod was all Zelda was given. Thus, she argued, "But why? If anything, I kind of felt bad having to hold him back a day from school..."

Impa laughed, waving her off. "It's honestly okay. If he faked being sick, I'd drag him out of bed. But, luckily, he hasn't done that. And he's a good kid, behavior wise and educationally wise." She smiled, noticing how Link furrowed his brow to saying something but she beat him to it. "Besides, I wouldn't have wanted Zelda to have been left alone. I know it would've been too late for her to make it to school on her own time. I know, Zelda—" she and Zelda locked eyes—"how much comfort you find in my kid."

Zelda smiled softly, running her fingers through Lake's fur to calm him down. "Thank you, Impa."

Link, from the side, nodded as he gave his aunt a smile as well. "Thank you, too."

"Yeah, but I have a question I want to ask." Impa toyed with a silver strand of her hair. "Has it really been a week since you guys met each other?"

Reluctantly, both of the kids nodded. Zelda was the one who answered. "Ah, yes. Is it...really strange?"

"Well," said Impa, "considering you guys are dating, it's just a little hard to believe. I just hope you guys are careful."

The blush that was emitted from both Link and Zelda made Impa amused, but Zelda was looking down as she muttered, "I-I don't...—"

Link cut her off before she could say anything else. "We'll be careful. We promise. We know what we're doing."

Zelda looked at Link with a small flash of befuddlement in her eyes, one that Impa had missed, fortunately. She fully turned to Impa, her face relaxed when Link's aunt turned to her as well. She didn't say anything, but she nodded as her response.