Deja Vu {pt. 2}

Link stopped in his tracks, hand gripping Zelda's firmly as he watched the smog go a certain direction.

It had been quiet for a little while, but Link felt uneasy in the woods when it was quiet.

"Ya know," he said, moving slightly in the smog's direction, "this would've been easier if we had lighters or some sort of fire on a stick."

He felt Zelda squeeze his hand in response, letting him know she was there. "Why is that?"

"The Resurrected Hero used to come around these woods with a torch; it guided him to the proper entrance of the Korok Forest." He smiled and stopped walking again, flashing a knowing grin behind his shoulder to Zelda. "As well as the direction to the sword that seals the darkness."

He laughed softly when he heard Zelda's gasp from behind, knowing she had grown excited.

"So," she was saying, "if we had any kind of fire with us showing us where to go...we'd be able to go to the direction of the Master Sword?"

Link nodded, stopping to watch the white particles in the air.

"But...is the sword even there anymore, is the question." Link felt Zelda walk closer to his backside, close enough to feel her heat. He could already imagine a look of interest all over her face.

He started walking again, the destination getting closer. "I don't know—we don't know. No one's updated on that thing in over a few centuries. "

Zelda was heard letting out a grunt of acknowledgment.

It was silent by then, which made Link more focused on getting to the forest within the Lost Woods.

"Have you ever gotten lost before?"

Link's lips twitched into a smile—relieved that Zelda was speaking. "I don't think so," he answered.

"Hm."

The air around the two was getting thicker, and Link's vision was turning white so he stopped completely and backed away.

"Whoops, I almost had us get lost right there." Link laughed and turned around, facing Zelda.

She had a small pout on her face as she looked into his eyes. "What would happen if we did get lost?"

A smirk came out of Link. "As we've talked about a while ago, we get turned into a skull kid." He tilted his head. "And something else but...I dunno. Just rumors though." He laughed lightly and walked past Zelda, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze as he brushed past.

"Can't let anything happen to the Princess now, can I?" he joked.

He smiled with a laugh when he heard Zelda say, "Indeed so, Sir. Link. If I were to be hurt on your watch you'd be tried for treason."

Link didn't say anything afterward, but he made sure Zelda saw that he was grinning as he was near the entrance to his home away from home.

The crunching of the dead leaves on the ground as they walked were heard, but it was soothing in a way.

Zelda broke the silence again. "Are there ever any animals around here?"

Link saw his tree right as Zelda asked that question. He shook his head as the two neared the entrance of the large tree.

He stopped and turned to face Zelda, his hand comfortably in Zelda's own hand. "Not really," he said. "Sometimes, loose deer. That's about it."

Zelda laughed and moved her hair out of her face with her free hand. She hummed contently and looked around, nodding toward Link's tree in the end. "May we enter?"