Worries

Link scratched the back of his left hand, eyes closed. Though, with so much scratching, the itch still hadn't gone away, so he had opened his eyes.

His heart dropped at the sight of a bright triangle...within a triangle. He blinked to make sure he wasn't dreaming, but when he did, it was gone.

Link dropped his arm, jumping when he accidentally hit the person beside him, who was none other than Zelda. He smiled slightly, taking deep breaths before he planted a kiss on her forehead, reaching for his phone in his pocket with the other hand. When he pulled out the device, he scoffed a little at the time.

4 AM? You bet I'm going back to sleep. Link set his phone down on the ground beside him and closed his eyes, turning to completely hold Zelda in his arms and bring her close.

He tried to sleep, thinking he'd get another dream different from the previous one before, but it had ended up being a continuation.

~0000000000~

Where am I...? Zelda opened her tired eyes and tried to sit up, but she was held down by an arm.

She laughed quietly to herself when she realized who it was, and the remembrance of the first time he had held her. Except this time it wasn't so accidental.

It's just Link, she had thought. She tried to remove herself from him, but he was strong even while he was asleep. A sigh escaped from her, so she laid back down.

The time was unknown to her, but she still felt sleepy and it seemed to have been dark outside; she wasn't going back home anytime soon, so she didn't have to worry. Thus, she closed her eyes and turned to wrap her arms around Link's waist like he had done with her own.

But, she was unable to sleep a second time.

Another sigh came out of her, so she opened her eyes and looked at Link's chest. She had some time to think to herself, which was fortunate. Albeit, she had been finding it weird how none of her dreams were forgotten after a short amount of time of awakening, which just made her think they really were memories—something she hoped Link would have gotten once he woke up since he had fainted out of nowhere.

At least he is okay..., Zelda had thought with a small smile on her face. She had gone back to the topic of dreams—or memories, so to speak—right after she closed her eyes and rested her head on Link's rising-and-falling chest. If she were able to remember most of her dream vividly, it should have gone a little something like—

Princess Zelda was seated in some kind of village home with her knight, Link, right beside her on a bed that seemed to barely fit two people. The conversation they had was seemingly recently after the Calamity had been finished.

"I just want to be a queen that everyone can look up to, you know?" The princess looked over to her knight and sighed, her hands falling limp on her lap. "But...with how things are going between the ruined castle and the ties with kingdoms from other countries...it's just...not good!"

Link had only been silent, and all he was able to afford was a lone grunt. Princess Zelda didn't pay mind to it, though; she continued her rant: "I don't understand how I can get the monarchy going if the castle is broken to pieces and there's no...no..." The princess groaned and covered her face. "I don't even know, at this point..."

"We just need to rebuild the castle."

The princess slightly scoffed at Link's words. She looked at him, and even though his words weren't convincing, she was still glad to hear him speak to her. So, she said, "But how? That's the main problem here! No one will want to help rebuild a historical castle that's run by merely a princess with no knowledge of running a kingdom all on her own-"