Confession

When they went into the tree to use Link's phone for research, he had remembered he had no service once they stepped foot in the hangout. Zelda laughed at him for that, but he laughed as well, so all was well.

So, instead of searching up the Master Sword and its origin, Zelda asked if Link could set up her own phone. With no problem whatsoever, Link did so. He mentioned he added a sim card and everything in it—paid for her data, as well—so she was all set. She believed he didn't have to do all of that, but she still gave him a tight hug and thanked him for it all. But, no matter how much she pressed the subject, he had refused to tell her how much it cost him.

But, that was all back at the tree. A few hours later they were wandering around Lake Hylia.

When they left the woods the sun was setting, so Link had been suggesting Zelda ought to have gone home, but she kept making excuses as to not and delaying it.

Even then, two hours later, did she still deny it.

"Zelda, it's already past eight." Link frowned and stuffed his phone back in his pocket.

He was seated on the grass near Lake Hylia, enjoying the view of the white crescent moon reflecting off the water. Zelda was beside him while she laid on her back, looking at the sky and the stars that were scattered all over, the moon bright.

Zelda ignored Link, having heard what he said but not responding to it as she tried to find a constellation.

Link sighed knowing Zelda wasn't going to answer him, so he looked ahead of him and wrapped his arms around his shins, resting his chin on his knees. He didn't mind being with her, especially when he enjoyed hanging with her, but he was afraid of her father doing something. Especially after everything he had found out.

"Hey," said Zelda. Link turned his head back to look at her, looking up as she pointed to somewhere in the sky. "I found a constellation that looks like the Triforce... Somewhat."

Link laid down himself, lining himself up with her height so that their heads were touching and looked where she was looking, trying to spot the constellation. "Where?" he asked.

Zelda grabbed his arm, moving her hand up to hold his hand and point his finger up to her and Link's eye level. "Right...," she found it, "there."

Link closed one eye to try and look for it easily, and when he did he slightly smiled. "Oh, yeah, I see it. That's kinda cool."

Zelda turned her head to look at his side profile, smiling herself. "I like stars, and the night sky."

Link turned his head, slightly taken aback from how...close their faces were. They both didn't do anything about it, though. They just spoke in soft voices, not flustered and just enjoying their time together. "Yeah?" inquired Link.

Inside, though, Link was freaking out about how close they were and Zelda was feeling her heart rate increase.

Zelda nodded slightly, being careful about their noses. She hummed a yes and her face started tainting red when she felt Link slowly drop their hands as he shifted them to intertwine their fingers together.

If someone had passed by the lake and saw the two, they'd seem like to kids in love.

But, that wasn't the case.

The two just stared into each other's eyes, admiring the other's colored irises as the crickets made their sounds and the cool wisp of air passed by them.

When Zelda spoke, her voice was so soft—so quiet—that even with their close proximity Link almost didn't hear her. "I just...always found it fascinating how those little fireballs up there in the sky can make their own art." She smiled, and Link found himself unconsciously reciprocating the action. "And the moon...," she continued, "there's so many variations."