Familiarity

When Link and Zelda had walked out of the hallway and into the living room, they weren't really surprised to find Impa talking to the dog while they both sat on the couch. Their footsteps was what made Impa turn from the attentive animal and look at the two teenagers who looked at her with amused expressions.

"I was telling him a story." Impa smiled and turned to Lake to give him a brief rub on the head before getting up to walk over to the kids standing in the middle of the intersection for the kitchen and living room. "So," she said, placing her hands on her hips, "what are you guys gonna do? At this point, school is halfway done."

Link glanced at Zelda, who did the same, before he set his eyes on his aunt and held his hands together before he opened his mouth to say, "Zelda and I would like to go out and take a walk. To...clear some air."

"'To clear some air?'" Impa rose an eyebrow and looked at Zelda, which lead the blonde to grin weakly to avoid speaking. It had worked, because Impa stopped asking telepathic questions and inquired her answer. "I believe that's not...the best idea, at the moment." She nodded to Link, keeping her eyes on him. "Someone might be concerned for someone that might be missing school, so what if someone sees the two of you out?"

"We can make up an excuse if someone asks." He folded his hands over the other behind his back. "Lunchtime."

Zelda hadn't said anything throughout the whole conversation yet, but she needed her curiosity to be fulfilled. "Do...people outside actually care, though? If we miss school, I mean."

She had tried her best to not expose herself to being homeschooled, and it seemed to be believable because Impa shrugged and answered."Well...some do...but not everyone, and—" she shook her head—"that's not...it... I just..."

Having heard Impa's pause, Link rose an eyebrow. He was unsure of what she was getting at, but she let out a sigh of defeat and was unable to further her reasoning. "Just go," she said. "If something happens, please call."

"This hasn't been a problem before, though, Impa...," was what Link had wanted to say, but he kept his lips tight as he nodded to her words.

Zelda, on the other hand, smiled politely and gave her reassurance to Impa. "Will do. And I'll make sure Link is in safe hands."

"And she'll be in safe hands as well," Link inquired, looking at Zelda. She slightly turned pink in the face from his abrupt response, but she smiled it off.

"Okay." Impa bit her lower lip, smirking just slightly. "Just be careful out there, lovebirds. You may be alone, but that's not an advantage."

It took Link a few seconds to comprehend exactly what she had said, but he blushed and exclaimed, "We know what we're doing!" afterwards. Zelda didn't seem to understand, and she thought she was talking about something less erotic, so she smiled again and said, "It's okay, we know our limits."

Impa laughed and Link almost grabbed Zelda's hand to just leave, but the red on his face would have made Zelda curious and he didn't want to explain so he just bit his cheek.

"I'll be back later to pick up my things," announced Zelda, breaking the silence in Link's head. He looked at her but she was smiling at Impa—the polite smile she always had. "They're going to be sitting in Link's room, if that's alright with you."

"Oh, it's alright." Impa let the conversation die off when she held up a hand to wave at the two kids in front of her. "It's best you guys leave now, just in case I change my mind."

"Oh, uh—" Link turned his head to Zelda to give her a small nod before smiling at his aunt—"right. We'll...see you later, Impa." He turned to Zelda to give her the smile as well and grabbed her hand to lead the way out of the house.