Friendship

Days passed.

It had been three days since Zelda and Link had first seen each other and it was no secret the two were enjoying each others company and were excited for when they would see each other again. They texted each other almost everyday whenever they were available to do so.

Urbosa found it sickeningly cute, but she also felt proud of Zelda for she had never talked that long to a boy before. She had asked Zelda more than once to give her Link's contact information so that Urbosa could see who it was Zelda seemed to fancy—Zelda denied it more than once. She was afraid Urbosa would say something to Link and embarrass either Link or Zelda herself.

Zelda wasn't wrong, because Urbosa had those exact intentions.

While the blonde was really excited and energetic that she would see Link again that weekend to come, there was a slight problem; she still had not told Lana her plan. Yes, Lana was trustworthy and practically a sister to Zelda but she was still nervous. It was her first time asking of a favor such as the one Zelda had in mind for Lana, therefore she was not sure how Lana would have taken it.

Zelda was standing in front of said Lana's door, staring at the polished wood for longer than what was necessary.

Urbosa knew about the plan itself, but all she could've done was cheer her best friend on and hope for the best.

Link still thought Zelda was able to go with consent and no worries of getting in trouble; oh, how wrong he was. But that was partly Zelda's fault, she did say she was free and said her father didn't mind but that was just a load of buffoonery—of course the richest man in Hyrule had minded, her own father.

Zelda calmed down her nerves, her hand still closed in a fist as she hesitantly brought it up to knock on one of the many doors in one of the large hallways.

Lana had her own room there, just like Tingle and all the other servants and maids because they were always needed—what was the point of going back home when they were needed at the mansion 24/7? Zelda was glad that they stayed—she didn't feel so lonely—but also pitiful because they were pulled from the potential family they have.

Her hand was still hovered over the painted doors, debating right on the spot. Maybe I'll tell her tomorro-

Lana's door swung open before Zelda was able to even finish her thought, and there Lana was. Obviously, she had not expected Zelda to be in front of her—or anyone, for that matter—so she couldn't stop herself from letting out that scream of fright.

"Z-Zelda! You scared me," Lana breathed out. She let out a breathy laugh and placed her hand over her beating heart, calming it down the best she could. "I didn't expect you to be there. I was going to go over and see how you were doing. Haven't seen you in a while."

"Oh...well...I'm here." Zelda smiled. "And I'm doing fine." She looked to the ground, biting her inner lip whilst she fiddled with her hands. She was hesitating, and Lana had noticed.

Zelda looked back up to Lana when the blue-haired woman tenderly placed her hand on her shoulder. "Zelda, are you okay?"

"U-uh...yeah... Um, Lana, do you have anything to do at the moment?" Zelda was immensely nervous, and she really did not know why; she had known Lana ever since she was a little kid and grew close to her because the two were only two years apart, forming a friendship and a sister-like bond throughout the years.

Lana shook her head. "Not really, I've done all my duties for now. I'm free unless your father asks me to do something for him."

Zelda grinned. "Great. Would you mind if we went in your room? I want to talk to you about something."