Deja Vu {pt. 1}

Link looked around at his surroundings, keeping a firm grip on Zelda's hand as he waded through the tall grass.

They were heading someplace that was not very far from the park itself.

"So...where is it we are going exactly?" asked Zelda. She was behind Link, looking around the nearly-empty field of grass.

Link stopped where he was and turned around, startling Zelda. He smiled and brought her closer with the tug of his hand and grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to face the direction behind her.

Zelda turned her head to and fro, confused. "What is it?"

She practically heard Link's smile as he spoke. "What do you see?"

That was her cue to invest in her surroundings. "Uh..." She glanced around the field, trying to spot something other than the scattered trees and flowers. She turned to look at Link. "Grass?"

Link laughed lightly. "Yes, you can see grass—" he released her and held up a finger, pointing in the distance—"but do you see that big building over there?"

Zelda let her eyesight follow his finger and was rewarded with her "humble abode". "Oh," she said.

Link nodded, slight mirth to his expression as his finger lowered. "Yeah. Have you heard of the rumor about that building? Well, aside it from being the home of Hyrule's richest, of course."

Zelda was a little put on the spot, but she kept her cool the best she could. "Um...that the richest has a daughter?"

Link perked. "Oh, yeah, that I actually forgot." He laughed slightly. "I know he has one but I don't know what she looks like or who she is now, so I just let it go."

Well, you actually do now, was what Zelda had thought but she never said it aloud. "True, true. But...what's the rumor, though?"

Zelda was interested; she had never heard of her family or home having rumors before so that was new to her.

"Well," Link started, "it's rumored that that big ol' mansion was once the castle of Hyrule long ago." He scratched the back of his head. "I suppose it makes sense on why it's so big and overlooking the whole country. As well, it seems to be in the same location as it was over five hundred centuries ago on a map." Link shrugged, smiling at Zelda. "I dunno, they're just assumptions, though, since Rhoam said himself it isn't a remake of the castle. It's kind of weird how those guys up there have such a big secret we, the so-called 'commoners', do not know about..."

Link was looking at Zelda, but Zelda turned back to look at the mansion, an expression Link was not able to decipher. He stared at her side view for a little longer until deciding to loop his arm through hers, smiling at the sudden surprise he gave her after releasing her from the trance.

"Let's just keep going," Link said with a smile. He started walking back in the direction they were once going, Zelda comfortably at his side.

She was silent, but Link was not able to understand why. Was she taking it all in? He was not sure.

"Hey," he uttered. She looked at him as they walked through the grass, alone in the silence of nature.

Link was facing forward, keeping eye on direction. "Isn't it...kinda weird that Hyrule doesn't have a government anymore?" He turned his head to look at Zelda briefly to see her reaction—one of clear captivation, he noted.

"Well...I think it is," he exclaimed. With the feeling of Zelda squeezing his arm within hers made him continue knowing she was interested.

"It's just...we used to have all this kingdom kinda government back then, but now we don't even have that and we're left with just a rich guy watching over us with little to no power—" he peered at Zelda—"just...wealth."