Chapter 8

We won! Don't get me wrong, I one hundred percent expected us to win anyway, but it's still just as exciting.

Max ended up scoring one last touchdown before the game ended completely leaving us with 48-16. The other school that we played against was okay I guess. They were completely rubbish, but our team was just way better.

Mia, Caleb and I ran down the bleachers and to the sidelines where Max and Noah were also running towards us, while Kade ran over to Holly first.  The two of them had wide grins on their faces, but Noah's smile grew larger as he saw his older brother running to congratulate him.

"I can't believe you're here!" Noah said excitedly as he threw his helmet off and wrapped his arms around Caleb who let out a loud laugh at his younger brothers childish behaviour.

"I thought I'd surprise you." He told him as they pulled away from the hug.

"Did she says yes?" Noah immediately asked as Caleb rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow at me. I gave him a sheepish grin before running off up the bleachers.

As I was running, I turned into our row we were sat on earlier to grab my purse but ended up bumping into someone. I lost my balance and immediately fell myself falling backwards.

This is it.

This is how I go.

'Girl taken out by bleachers.'

"Oh stop being so dramatic." A deep voice said followed by a loud chuckle. Probably at my confused face.

"I am not dramatic." I huffed as I stood up straight and looked up at none other than Mason Black. Why am I not surprised? "I can't believe you purposely charged at me with the intention of making me fall and roll down all the bleachers and crack my head open so my brain splatters all over the floor for everyone to see!" I shouted dramatically.

He gave me an amused look and rolled his eyes before lightly shoving my shoulder with his as he walked with me towards the parking lot where we all agreed to meet.

"I can't believe I purposely did that too. Where are my manners? How dare I?" He played along as we slowly walked through the large crowd of students and parents, all making their way to the parking lot.

"I'm never forgiving you. Ever." I huffed dramatically as I turned my face away from him.

"Even if I save your life for the third time?" He said with a teasing look making me burst out laughing. "I don't know why you're laughing, some people are grateful to those who save their lives. They even buy them flowers." He shrugged innocently making me pinch his arm.

"Mhm, flowers. Would you like some red roses, or dandelions princess?" I grinned as he rolled his eyes and pulled me closer to him to avoid getting crushed or lost in the crowd.

"Roses, why is that even a question?" He scoffed sarcastically just as the two of us squeezed out of the crowd and walked towards what I assume is his car.

"There you two are!" We heard a loud voice shout almost making me jump in surprise.

I looked in the direction of the voice to find Mia, Max and Noah sat on the hood of one of their cars waving at us like maniacs.

"You can trust Max, Noah and Kade by the way." I told him with a soft smile as he gave me a look of confusion before morphing into his usual blank look. "I've known them since I was 5, they're good guys." I reassured him as he gave me a slight nod just as we reached the three of them.

"Holly and Kade ditched us and went straight to the party." Noah said as he leaped off the car.

"Instead of going to the party, I heard some guys talking about a race tonight. Let's go there instead." Max grinned excitedly.