Chapter 9

It's Sunday and that means the Black's are coming over. Yesterdays dinner went so well, Kelly got to know each one of us and it's safe to say she loves us more than her own kids. Especially me of course, everyone loves me the most because I'm just so lovable and magnificent and glamorous and every other synonym you can think of. Anyway, Athena and I decided to cook tonight so dad could take the twins out for the day so they're less...monstrous at dinner. Yes, I chose to use the word monstrous.

"Shoot, we're out of eggs. I'm going to pop over to Jenny's, I'll be right back." She said as she quickly dashed out of the kitchen and out the front door.

Dinner is in approximately half an hour and we're almost done making everything from starters all the way to dessert, which is a personal favourite of mine. I did suggest that we just get a cake from Marianna's but Athena immediately refused and was determined to make everything at home. So we decided to settle on warm, gooey, chocolate fudge cake. I might just cry at how good it's going to be.

Anyway, Athena soon came back with a couple eggs in her hands and immediately carried on from where she left off.

"How's dessert looking?" She asked as she put the tray into the oven.

"I'm putting it in in 15 minutes so it's warm when we eat it." I told her as I finished pouring the cake batter into the cake tins and set them to the side.

"Your dad and the twins should be here soon to help set up, I still can't believe you're friends with Kelly's kids." She said as she turned to me while wiping her hands on a cloth.

"I know right! I can't believe nurse Kelly is Mia and Mason's mom, that's so cool." I grinned at the short flashback of our realisation last night at the dinner table.

While the two of us were finishing dinner off, dad and the twins soon came back and started helping. The twins decided to set the table which I assisted, of course, while dad and Athena finished off dinner.

By the time we knew it, we heard the familiar sound of the doorbell ring. I quickly dried my hands and dashed over to the front door with the twins following close behind.

"Remember, you guys need to behave tonight." I told them as they nodded their heads excitedly and pulled open the door.

"It's so good to see you again love." Kelly said with a wide smile as she pulled me in for a tight hug.

"It's so good to see you too Kell." I grinned as she giggled at my nickname for her. "Come on in, it's freezing outside." I said as I moved out of the way and opened the door wider for the three of them to come in.

"Hey Ev." Mia grinned as she pulled me in for a tight hug. "Hi twins." She said as she kneeled down to their level making them blush bright red.

"I still can't believe those two have a crush on my sister." Mason snorted as he closed the door and stood next to me watching the three of them talk. Well, Mia was doing most of the talking while the twins fought to get her attention.

"Come on kids dinners ready." Dad called making us jump in surprise. And by us I mean Mia and I jumped in surprise while the boys laughed.

The five of us made our way to the dinning room to find the three adults talking and laughing while we sat down. I don't think they even noticed were here.

Anyway, I sat down in my usual special seat, yes guys I still have my special chair, well I got a new one but it looks exactly the same but just bigger so I can actually sit on it. Mason sat next to me while Mia sat in between the twins.

"I think my little boys have a crush on Mia." Dad snorted making everyone laugh and Mia blush while the twins shot a glare at dad.

We spent most of dinner talking about school and work, Kelly even got the chance to get to know Athena and dad too. The three of them moved from England two months ago, so during our summer vacation they moved here.