Chapter 40

It's 5:46 meaning Mason is going to be here in exactly fourteen minutes. I've literally just finished getting ready thanks to the help of both Athena and Holly. After a lot of convincing, and mostly threatening, I managed to stop Holly from painting my face as though she was Picasso. I've always loved make up and literally cake my face when I'm bored, but I know I don't suit the full glammed make up look. It makes me look like I'm going to a wedding, that's why I stick to the no make up make up look, simply because it looks better.

Anyway, off topic. She used a lot more product than I normally use and I definitely expected it to look too much, but when I looked in the mirror, it genuinely looked as though I had barely anything on.

Athena fixed up my curls for me like how she did on my birthday. My hair has been growing fairly quickly thanks the constant oiling and product Athena's been using. She's made it a ritual to come to my room every three days and massage my scalp with oil. She really is like a mom to me. She's exactly what I imagined a mom to be like and I wouldn't have it any other way. Right now there's just an awkward patch of short hair while the rest of its long.

It wasn't too hard finding the perfect dress to wear considering Athena and I did a bunch of online shopping a couple weeks ago. I bought a lilac dress that's runched along the sides. The sleeves are see through, short and slightly poofy but really sparkly. It's definitely in the top three of my favourite dresses.

"You don't need to be nervous Ev." Holly said as she giggled at my very obvious nervous face. Yes, Mason and I have hung out practically every day but for some reason this feels a lot different.

"Flats of heels?" Athena asked from the top of the stairs holding up a pair of white heels and my white flats with a diamond band across it. 

"Flats."

"Heels."

Holly and I said at the same time before shooting each other a harsh glare telling the other to shut up.

"Flats it is." Athena laughed as she brought the pair of flats downstairs while I rolled my eyes at Holly who rolled her eyes at me.

"I think you're forgetting I only have one functioning leg." I said with a mocking pout as her eyes immediately darted to my leg before she burst out laughing.

"It's sad they didn't just slice it off." She pouted as I rolled my eyes.

"It's sad Jenny didn't take a plan b." I pouted back as her jaw dropped before she pinched my arm. Amazing retaliation I can't lie.

Just as Athena was going to say something, we heard a car enter the driveway immediately putting us up on our toes as we anxiously waited. And by we, I mean I anxiously waited while Athena and Holly squealed like little school girls.

We patiently waited to hear a knock on the door just as we heard a car door open and close.

I squeezed Athena's arm while nervously waiting. It seemed like hours went by when we heard the front door open. No knock? What?

"Babe?" I heard dads voice call the second the door opened.

The three of us let out a loud groan in disappointment as he gave us a confused look before walking over to us and kissing Athena while Holly and I slapped a hand over each other's eyes.

"What are you guys waiting for?" He asked in confusion. "And why are you dressed up?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow as I rolled my eyes. Not again!

"Dad if you seriously start this again then we'll have an issue." I said seriously as Athena raised an eyebrow at dad, daring him to say anything.