Chapter 46

"And you'll call us every five hours, or at least text?" Dad said as we stood at the gate and rolled our eyes.

"We promise." The twins and I said at the same time.

"And you won't bother Hayley? You can annoy Aiden as much as you like but we like Hayley and Hayley is nice." Mom said with a wink as a mischievous grin made its way to their face.

"Make sure you guys finish all your food, and go to bed on time, and behave." Dad said as I rolled my eyes for nth time in the last fifteen minutes.

"You do know this isn't the first time you're leaving, right?" I joked as dad pulled me in for one last hug and made sure to squeeze my lungs too.

"I'll put you back in a cast little girl." He joked as I scoffed and punched his arm.

Yes, I got my cast off. I actually got it off after my nap the other day. Dad was supposed to take me to the hospital right after school but there was an emergency so he delayed it a little. But, the most important thing is that I am not officially cast free! I still have physio appointments to go to but I couldn't possibly be happier. Lara said it would take a while for both my hand and leg to be good as new, but my leg has never felt better. Sure it becomes slightly stiff at times, but on the much brighter side I can walk like normal. No more stupid crutches and big heavy casts. Knock on wood.

"Try me old man, I'll snap your fingers like carrots and you can kiss your career goodbye." I threatened as he mocked a look of horror before kneeling down and hugging the twins while mom hugged me.

"I love baby." She said before kissing my forehead.

"I love you too momma." I grinned as I pulled away from the hug and took a step back before holding the twins hands. "Now, get out of our sight your flight is leaving soon." I grinned as their rolled their eyes and quickly gave each of us a kiss on the forehead.

"Bye babies." They both grinned as the three of us narrowed our eyes at them and watched them disappear in the large crowd of people.

"I can't believe we woke up so early to say bye." Hudson yawned as the three of us made our way out of the airport and towards the car. Dad let me drive us to the airport so they were sure I was able to drive back too. He literally had his finger hovering over our family group chat, ready to start typing. Thankfully, the airport isn't too far from our home and I drove perfectly well.

"Can we not go to school?" Hayden pouted as I helped them both in their car seats before getting in the drivers side.

"We could." I said as the two of them immediately yelled in excitement. "But we're not going to." I said with a sickeningly sweet grin as they both began protesting and telling me how uncool I am. Been there done that.

"Owen's sister let him skip school." Hudson pouted as I backed out of the parking spot and onto the road.

"I was going to take you guys to Millie's but I'm not sure if Owen's sister does that or not. We'll just not go, just to be safe." I grinned as their jaws both dropped before the whining restarted.

"Vee, you can't do that! Please!" They both cried as I let out a loud laugh, adding onto their annoyance.

"But I'm uncool." I pouted.

"You're not, you're the coolest big sister ever!" They said as I tapped my finger on my chin pretending to think.

"Fine, since I'm so cool." I grinned as they both squealed in excitement.

"Can we pick up Mimi and Mason too. Masons cool, he said my lab kit was cool and helped me make a stink bomb." Hudson grinned.

"Yeah! And he fixed my robot for me!" Hayden said as he showed me his robot.