Chapter 35

"Happy birthday!" Loud voices shouted as my room door flew open just as I got into bed. It's exactly midnight meaning it's my birthday. Mason was on FaceTime leaning against a cushion but my phone was facing away from the door and I had one of my AirPods in.

"Thanks guys." I grinned as Athena and dad made their way to me and sat the small cake on my lap.

"Happy birthday gorgeous." I heard Mason's half asleep voice say in my ear as I giggled at his face.

"Make a wish." Dad encouraged as he lit the 1 and 7 candles.

Closing my eyes I thought long and hard about what I wanted to wish for. I have everything and anything I could possibly want. An idea soon popped into my head as a smile unconsciously made its way to my face as I blew out the candles while dad and Athena began lightly clapping.

"You're growing up quick sweetheart." Dad said as he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me as a tear made its way down his face.

"Daaaaadddddd, don't cry." I giggled as he rolled his eyes and brushed the tear away. "I'm still a kid, don't you worry." I winked as he chuckled and kissed the top of my head once again.

"You'll always be my little girl." He stubbornly said as I rolled my eyes along with Athena.

"Get some sleep, tomorrows going to be busy." Athena said as she wiggled her eyebrows at me. Ever since I told her about the situation with Mason, she's been teasing me a lot about it. I'm not complaining though, it's quite funny if you ask me.

"Night." I waved as dad silently handed me a fork before leading Athena out of my room. Before closing my room door, he winked as I burst out laughing.

"Don't be eating that entire cake or you won't be sleeping tonight." Mason chuckled as I picked my phone up and set it up in front of me while I leaned back against the headboard of my bed.

"Still traumatised from last time?" I asked as he let out a loud groan.

"Don't remind me, I'll have to ask Ricky if he really did put crack in it." He joked as I rolled my eyes once again and began eating the delicious vanilla sponge cake. You can't go wrong with classics.

"How was your day today?" I asked him as he let out a loud yawn and set his phone up before laying on his stomach and shoving his hands under his pillow.

"It was boring, I was supposed to have a fight but it got cancelled last minute." He shrugged as I continued eating the cake. "Bambi, I swear to god if you eat that entire cake I will hang up." He threatened as I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration.

"You'll have to watch me eat it all to see if I do won't you?" I laughed as he rolled his eyes and narrowed his eyes at me.

"All your teeth will fall out if you eat that cake." He warned as I rolled my eyes once again.

"There's always fake teeth." I shrugged as he gave me a look of a plume disbelief.

"Your arteries will get blocked and you'll have a heart attack." He warned once again.

"Now or never am I right." I grinned as he grew more and more 'frustrated'. I could tell he was more amused than annoyed but either way it was funny.

"I won't come see you tomorrow." He smirked as I put the fork down and looked him in the eyes.

"Tomorrow's January 1st." I grinned. It's after twelve meaning it's already the next day. "Nice try Gregory." I giggled as I blew kiss to my phone before picking up where I left off.

"I can't win with you can I?" He chuckled as I winked and shoved more cake in my mouth.

"I mean, you can try and fail as much as you like." I grinned as he rolled his eyes and picked up his phone.