Chaper 24

"Look at this." I squealed as I held you the cutest little blue dress and showed Rachel who was looking through the racks of clothes in front of her.

"That dress is so pretty." She gasped as she rushed over to me and admired the little dress.

I love baby clothes shopping. I've done it twice before and now this is the third time. I absolutely adore it, the clothes are so impossibly tiny that you can't even imagine a little human fitting into it.

Rachel called me just an hour ago and asked me to come baby shopping with her because Elijah got called in last minute. Despite being only four months pregnant, her and I both are already so obsessed with the shopping, especially now that there will be two of them. Let's not forget that on of them is in fact a girl. There's too little of them in this family.

"I'm going to go ask the lady if there's a smaller size. Let me know if you find anything." She said as she rubbed her belly and walked off to the lady at the counter.

I looked through the multiple racks of clothes occasionally picking out the cutest clothes which was basically all of them.

"Honey, your phones ringing." An old woman said as she tapped my shoulder pulling me out of my little baby fantasy. I know I'm 16 almost 17, but the baby fever is real. I can't wait till they're here, the closest person I have to a baby is Val.

"Oh thank you." I smiled as I answered the phone and pressed it against my ear with my shoulder.

"Hello, how can I help?" I said as I continued looking through the little clothes. I should probably look for things for baby boy too.

"Baby shopping? Which ones pregnant? Is it Rachel or Cassidy again?" An eerily familiar voice said through the phone as I immediately stopped looking at the clothes and scanned the shop to see if I could find him. "Don't bother looking, you won't find me." He chuckled as I felt my throat go dry.

"What do you want? Did you not get the hint the last time I saw you?" I scoffed.

"That's not how you talk to your dad little girl." He said in a harsh voice, his mood immediately switching from smug, to annoyed.

"You're not my dad, far from it David. Do us both a favour and leave me alone, my brothers aren't kids anymore, and my actual dad isn't a kid either." I warned before hanging up on him.

"They had the last size for me, I can't believe we got it." I heard Rachel's voice squeal in excitement from behind me as I clenched my fists and calmed myself down.

"I found a bunch of clothes for baby girl, I'm going to go look at the boys section." I told her with a small smile as I handed her the small pile of clothes before walking off to the boys section.

I could feel the anger radiating off of me but the last thing I wanted to do was ruin Rachel's excitement for baby shopping considering this is technically the first time shopping for the babies.

As I looked through the boys clothes and gradually felt myself calm down after being completely surrounded by the cutest clothes ever. I know I've said it five hundred times already but I'm not wrong. They're cute.

While I was picking out the little outfits for my nephew, I didn't realise someone was next to me till they put their hand on my shoulder making me snap my head in their direction in surprise.

"You were really in the zone there huh." Rachel giggled as I let out an inaudible sigh of relief and playfully rolled my eyes at her. "Ben and Athena called you but you didn't pick up, they need you to babysit the twins." She said taking the clothes from me.