Chapter 50

Skipping down the busy hallway, I held the bouquet of roses tightly in my hand as I pushed open the door to Mason's room. The last day has been busy with police officers talking to Mason and him simply resting. I was forcefully kicked out of the hospital because apparently I had to go home and shower, whatever that means. But anyway, I'm back and this time with flowers.

"Remember when we first met and you 'saved my life' all those times?" I asked as he closed his laptop and gave me an amused look before nodding his head trying to see what I was hiding behind my back. "Do you also remember me telling you that I'd give you flowers?" I asked as he nodded once again.

I walked over to his bed and pulled out the flowers from behind my back and handed them to him. He burst out laughing and took the bouquet of roses from me before smelling them and looking at me in confusion.

"I didn't save your life this time though." He said with a raised eyebrow as I rolled my eyes and sat on the end of his hospital bed before crossing my legs.

"Do you want the cheesy answer or the technical one?" I asked.

"Give me both." He grinned.

"Well, the technical answer would be that you got shot and could've definitely died from blood loss, and since my dad saved you that means I saved you because we have the same genes and were practically the same person. And I realised how hard it really is saving your life so I thought I'd give you flowers to show my appreciation." I told him as he shook his head in amusement and rolled his eyes.

"I need to ask Ben what he's been feeding you your whole life because I could use some of it." He chuckled as I rolled my eyes and swatted his good hand away while he tried to pinch my cheeks.

"Anyway, the cheesy answer is that I love you and if you die then I die. You're my world, my universe, so by surviving you saved my life." I said dramatically as I pretended to faint while he gently kicked my tummy. "Hey! Do you want to kill our child?" I shrieked as he immediately realised and leaned over as close as he could without hurting himself, and gently rubbed my tummy.

"I'm sorry Ella." He pouted as I rolled my eyes and swatted his hand away.

"Did dad say when you could go home? I asked him earlier but he said something about not trusting me because he cares for your life." I shrugged as he chuckled in amusement and sat back in his bed.

"He said I can go home the day after tomorrow if everything comes back fine. I have to stay at home for the rest of the week though." He said as I nodded and fiddled with the blanket. "You never told me what happened at the police station." He said as I bit my lip. I knew this was coming and there's no way I'm telling him about it a day after he got shot.

"They had a deal that wasn't worth our time so we left." I shrugged as he raised an eyebrow not quite believing that that is the entire story.

"The gunshot was in my arm not my brain, but if you don't want to tell me yet then that's fine." He smiled as I nodded and got off the bed.

"Forget about all this, what are we watching?" I grinned as I picked up the TV remote and switched it on.

"Greys anatomy?" He said as he rolled his eyes.

"Right answer." I squealed as I got in the bed with him and leaned my head on his good arm before pressing play.

We watched a good amount of Greys before Mason got tired and fell asleep. I could feel him trying to fight it off but I moved around and let him lean his head on my shoulder while I ran my fingers through his hair. After that it barely took minutes before he was out like a light.