Chapter 51

It wasn't long before Mason got discharged out of the hospital and the news of Mr Clark Payne filing for a divorce was on every business and gossip magazine. I of course wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't kept an eye on the news for so long, but the satisfaction I felt after reading it was unreal! Considering how much his sons 'adored' her, I can't help but feel slightly intimidated by what their reactions are. Honestly, I couldn't care less about Ethan considering he's in police custody as we speak, however Lionel is out roaming the streets. Possibly trying to find and kill me.

Anyway, onto the topic we actually care about, Mason. After leaving the hospital, he has automatically become the clingy boyfriend and I don't know whether I love it or hate it. Who am I kidding? I love it. Just yesterday he called me for an entire twelve hours and asked me to entertain him while he was on bed rest. Kelly gave both Mia and I the responsibility to make sure he doesn't do anything he's not supposed to in her absence, and I can proudly say that we have done a spectacular job. I'm pretty sure Mason hates us and wants to bury us at the bottom of the ocean.

"For the love of God, why couldn't that bullet hit me in the head and put me out of my misery?!" He yelled in annoyance as Mia and I looked at each other before shrugging our shoulders.

"Always the exaggerator." Mia said as she rolled her eyes while Mason pulled his hair in frustration.

"He's a strange one isn't he." I whispered to Mia as Mason shot me a harsh glare making the two of us take a step back. "He'd never catch us if we run." I whispered to her as she nodded in agreement.

"But we promised mum we'd take care of him." She groaned as I slapped my forehead in realisation.

"Do you think we should grab the twins and let them babysit him?" I asked as she looked at me with a grin on her face and rapidly nodded her head.

"HE is right here!" Mason grumbled in annoyance as we waved him off and walked out of his bedroom and down the stairs. "FINALLY!" We heard him yell as his door slammed shut making the two of us jump in surprise.

"Are you sure boys don't have periods?" Mia asked as I hesitantly shook my head.

"Not that I know of, no." I shrugged as we sat on the couch in the living room. "Back to the more important situation, I need to find a wedding dress." I said as Mia squealed while I burst out laughing.

"It's the closest we're getting to a wedding for a while so we might as well make it the best thing ever." She grinned as I nodded in agreement and watched as she picked up her laptop and started searching.

We had at least a hundred tabs open and a bunch of white dresses for the both of us. Mia's partner still hasn't proposed to her and a certain 6'7 person has been moody ever since he found out about it. Sometimes we really do forget Max is a year older than us and will be graduating this year and off to college. Luckily enough, he decided to go to NYU so it'll be like he never left.

Anyway, when Mason and I showed the group the video of his proposal, Max's mood immediately soured as he realised Mia would also be getting proposed too and married and also have a fake baby with someone that isn't him. Holly, Noah and I teased him like there's no tomorrow making sure Mason wasn't involved in the slightest. Mia and Max have been seeing each other for a good amount of time now and Mia still needs to tell both Kelly and Mason about it. The real challenge is Mason.

"Do you think it'll be a good idea telling him now? He only has one functioning arm so it can't be that bad, right?" She asked nervously as she bit her lip and leaned back into the couch.

"It doesn't matter whether or not he has one functioning arm or none, well actually it does, but you need to tell him when you're ready to tell him." I told her as she let out a loud, exaggerated sigh and nodded.