Chapter 34

"Santa came! Santa came!" The twins yelled in excitement waking us all up at an unforgiving hour of the morning.

Rubbing the sleep away from my eyes, I spent a couple seconds staring at my ceiling trying to wake myself up before sitting up in bed. Not long after, Athena came walking in with a tired smile on her face as she helped me get up before kissing my cheek.

"Merry Christmas baby." She said as she helped me walk to the bathroom.

"Merry Christmas." I yawned as I rest my head in her shoulder while she practically carries me to my bathroom.

"I'll be outside, let me know when you're done." She said as she kissed my forehead and closed the door behind her, leaving me alone to freshen up.

With the help of the sink, I did my business before quickly doing my morning routine, successfully waking myself up. Id rather not be awake at 6:00 in the morning but considering the fact that I myself used to do the exact same thing, I kinda have to put up with it now.

Once I was done, I pulled myself up from the closed toilet that I used as a chair, and pulled the door open revealing Athena who has managed to fall asleep on the wall.

"Wake up Thea." I laughed as she shook herself awake before helping me over to my bed.

"It was a struggle finding Christmas pyjamas, but I managed to find the perfect ones." She yawned as she handed me a pair of Christmas pyjamas before leaving my room so I could get ready.

Every year my entire family wear matching Christmas pyjamas. We take a family photo each year and it's definitely a cute tradition, especially with the babies.

I picked up the reindeer pyjamas and slipped them in after my underwear before grabbed my crutch and standing up. I tucked my phone into my pocket and made my way out of my room and down the stairs.

Just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard the sound of the loud doorbell filling the house, contributing to the already noisy atmosphere.

"I've got it." I yelled to no one in particular before hobbling over to the door and unlocked it.

Once I opened the door, I watched a sleepy Mason and an overly excited Kelly and Mia standing in front of us.

"You guys didn't have to come so early." I told them as the three of them walked in and closed the door behind them leaving the cold wind where it belongs.

"How else am I supposed to give those two devils their gifts from Santa?" Kelly said as she tilted her head over to Mason who was holding several bags full of what I assume are gifts.

"You didn't have to Kelly." I said with a slight frown as she rolled her eyes and looped her arm with mine, leading us to the living room.

"Of course I did, how can I not get my favourite person a Christmas gift?!" She said as we sat down on the large couch and watched the twins practically fight themselves to not touch a single gift till dad and Athena came back.

I watched as Mason put the many gift bags underneath the Christmas tree we decorated in the beginning of December. The twins and I did most of the work considering the three of us share the same controlling gene where we like things a specific way. Not sure what to call it, but it's there.

"Hey you." I sleepily smiled as Mason took a seat next to me letting me rest my head on his shoulder.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked as he played with my hands and watched the twins stare at all the presents in awe.

"I'm still tired." I yawned just as dad and Athena walked into the living room and greeted the older twins and Kelly.

"Presents?!" The twins impatiently laughed as dad rolled his eyes and nodded his head. Before he could even sit down, the twins attacked the large pile of presents reading the names and tossing them to the side if it wasn't for them.