Chapter 10

The next morning came in no time and the last thing I want to do is get out of bed but what choice do I have? Dad's going to come any minute and force me out of bed. It's even worse getting up when it's cold and raining. Gosh I'm just torturing myself now.

"Rise and shine sweetheart." I heard dad say as he knocked on my door. "Don't make me come in and pull you out of bed." He called as I let out a loud groan letting him know I'm awake.

"Right Mr Bananas, I'll fill you in on all the gossip when I get back from school, now enjoy your time in bed because I can't." I sighed as I gave him a quick kiss on the head and got up from my bed.

I did my usual morning routine in the bathroom before dragging myself to my closet. I guess it's a hoodie and sweatpants kinda day I thought to myself as I picked up one of the guys' black hoodies and a pair of black sweatpants. Once I got dressed, I put on my fuzzy pink socks before slipping on my new UGG boots Athena bought me the other day. I won't lie, lazy outfits are cute.

"I don't care if you're wearing a hoodie, make sure you put a coat on." I hear dad shout from the kitchen. How did he even know?!

I walked into the kitchen with my bag slung over my shoulder and gave dad a strange look even though he wasn't even facing me. Almost as if he had eyes at the back of his head and could see me giving him a weird look, he turned around and immediately burst out laughing.

"How did you know?" I asked in disbelief. Just because parents claim to know everything doesn't mean they do. Right?

"Eat up while it's warm." He said, completely ignoring my question and sliding a chocolate crepe in my direction. Delicious.

"Where's Thena?" I asked as I stuffed my face and watched him roll his eyes at me and flick my forehead.

"She's getting the twins ready, it's their career week this week." He said with a warm smile as he stared at the picture hanging on the kitchen wall. I don't even need to turn around to see what picture it is. It's the picture I took on my last day of careers week at the hospital with all the doctors and nurses with cake smeared all over their faces. It was a good waste of cake. I think.

"Careers week is so much fun, I wish I could come." I pouted as I continued eating. He rolled his eyes and walked over to me before pulling my head into his chest and kissing my head.

"You remember how exciting your careers week was?" He asked as I nodded my head with a wide grin. Careers week was an absolute dream, it was amazeballs.

Once I finished my crepe, the twins came barrelling down the stairs with Athena hot on their tail shouting at them to stop running or they'll fall. She walked into the kitchen carry two backpacks and shoved them in Dads hands before taking a seat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I'll give you one piece of advice kiddo, never have kids." She sighed tiredly before sitting up straight and eating the crepe dad made for her. "You were such a good kid, where did these monsters come from." Sue groaned.

"Don't worry about me A, just make dad take them for the day and we can go to a spa." I suggested dreamily. I really don't want to go to school.

"That sounds great honey but you're not missing school, we can go this weekend though." She winked as I let out a sigh of my own at my failed attempt of getting out of school.

"Come on baby we need to get going." Dad called from the front door. Athena kissed my forehead before letting me leave. Grabbed my backpack, I rushed out the door but was soon stopped by dad who was blocking the door holding my big fur coat. Dropping my bag to the floor, I opened my arms and watched him roll his eyes before putting my coat on me and zipping it up all the way to my chin before putting my hat on. I'm not even going to bother fixing myself, I'm warm and cosy and thats all that matters.