Chapter 13

It's Sunday meaning it's the day of the gender reveal. Hayley and I kicked Elijah and Rachel out of the house so we could set everything up. We also booked Rachel a bunch of appointments so she could get dolled up and relax. We've been here since 10 in the morning and now it's 3 in the afternoon. The gender reveal is in 2 hours and I can proudly say that we're almost done. All we need now is the cakes, yes I said cakes. One is a dupe and the other is the actual genders. Yes I also came up with the idea and yes it's because there will be more cake. And also yes I said genders. That's another thing, they're having twins and only I know. Even Hayley doesn't! I feel so powerful!

"Will you be okay by yourself? I'm going to go pick up the cakes." Hayley asked a she put on her jacket and grabbed her keys.

"Don't worry about me, I'm going to finish decorating." I told her as she nodded and walked out of the apartment.

After she left I stood on the chair and began hanging the banner. I still need to stick the balloons to the ceiling but even with a chair I'm still too short. Once I was sure the banner was secure, I got down from the chair and picked up my phone. Now this is where tall friends come in handy.

Which one of you guys is available? And by
guys I mean guys, I need the height.
- Everly

Sorry Ev, Noah and I are busy.
- Kade

I'll be there. Elijah's apartment?
- Max

Yes, text me when you get here
so I can unlock the door.
- Everly

I can come too.
- Mason

I'll tag along.
- Mia

The more the merrier. Plus I need
the company. I'm stuck with old people.
- Everly

Tucking my phone into my pocket, I sat on the floor and began blowing up the balloons. Hayley and I were halfway through with the balloon pump but it decided to break so I guess I'll have to use my lungs. Come on girls you can do this.

I took in a deep breath and began blowing up the last of the balloons, and let me tell you there was a lot of them. Once all the balloons were blown up, I lay on the floor like a starfish and took deep breaths trying to fill my lungs up again. They need a break.

Just as I had finally calmed down, my phone rang. That must be Max. Ignoring the ringing of my phone, I dashed over to the door and unlocked it letting the three of them in.

"My lungs were going to shrivel up and die." I groaned as the three of them walked in and admired the decorations.

"Did you just quote Mr O'hare from the Lorax?" Mason asked with a raised eyebrow as I simply shrugged my shoulders and closed the door behind them.

"Did you do this all by yourself? You should've called, we would've come and helped." Mia frowned as they looked at the sea of balloons covering almost the entire floor.

"Mia, I could physically never do this by myself. I would be dead in the sink or something. Hayley helped me with half of them, she had to go pick up the cakes." I explained as she picked up the balloons I had just blown up and helped me tie the silver ribbon to them.

"You two BFG's need to stick these to the ceiling." I instructed as they nodded their heads and grabbed the step ladder from the corner of the room. How did I not see that?