Part 7 - Run Away

"What do you mean side effects?!" Ahri shouts, getting angrier by the second. 

"Treatment for Chemtech is dangerous and comes with a few side effects. Severe mood swings, paranoia, aggression-" The nurse pauses for a moment. "Death..."

"DEATH IS A SIDE EFFECT?!" Ahri seethes out. "Ahri, calm down. If we don't go through with it, he'll die anyway." Evelynn places a clawed hand on her shoulder.

The nurse nods. "He's in pretty rough shape." Kai'sa quickly stands. "Can we see him?"

"I'm afraid not. Doctor Soraka would like to start treatment immediately." She gives a bow and walks off.

-Y/N POV-

Where am I? Am I dead? A piercing white light blocks my vision. My eyes slowly adjust to a strange-looking room. 

It looked eerily similar to the room I- ended up in as a child. "T-They threw me out that fast?"

I could barely comprehend my own words. Quickly sitting up, I rip the tubes from my mask along with a needle stuck in my arm.

A dark window sits directly next to my bed. Hopping off of the mattress, I manage to open the window's latch.

"Hey! Don't-" I quickly hop off of the window sill onto another and slowly scale down the building.

Tears begin to brim in my eyes as I make my way down. "They didn't care. Liars. All of them."

As I land, my leg buckles. I push through the pain and stand back up. "Y/N!" I hear all four of the girls shout.

"I got him," Akali says as she dashes toward me. I lean down on all fours and begin to bound away.

Despite my speed, the pitter-patter of her feet keeps up. She skids to a halt in front of me. I quickly turn into an alley that soon comes to a dead end.

I back up into the wall as she approaches. She stops halfway, kneeling to match my sitting height.

"I don't really know what your feeling right now, but those meds are messing with your head."

I growl and bare my teeth in an attempt to scare her. "Everyone's worried about you, hell even I am."

"S-Shut up!" I grip my head in pain. "That's all everyone wants, is to throw me out." Charging toward her, we begin to roll across the concrete.

"I tried being nice." She mumbles, kicking me in the face. I roll back toward the exit of the alley.

Taking my chance, I sprint down the street. She finally left me alone. For some reason, a part of me really wanted her to chase after me.

Stupid, you'll only get yourself hurt.

-Ahri POV-

"What do you mean you lost him?!" Sett yells through the phone. "I'll be there soon. TWITCH! GET YOUR ASS IN THE CAR-" The connection drops.

"Sett will be here shortly." I deadpan. "What would make him just run off like that?" Akali asks, slumping back into the hospital chair.

"I didn't tell you girls this before but, he has pretty bad abandonment issues. His mother threw him out after he killed his father. I believe the Chemtech treatment is making those even worse."

Evelynn furrows her brow. "He said he didn't know his parents." I nod. "Pretty sure he lied."

"You think you got a read on him, and then boom. Something new." Akali makes an explosion motion with her hand.

Kai'sa nervously rubs her arm. I place a hand on her shoulder. "It's not your fault, Bokkie."

"But, it is my fault. If he didn't-" Evelynn's glare silences her thought. "Blaming yourself won't help. We have to hope Sett knows where he'll be."

A loud car screech outside breaks up our conversation. The four of us make our way outside the hospital.

Sett and Twitch hop out of the car, the latter begins sniffing around. "Care to explain how you lost Y/N?" Sett asks, clearly pissed.

"It was my fault!" Kai'sa loudly says. "He was doing security for my Q&A and saved my life. He got shot by a Chemtech bullet and needed medical treatment-" She gets cut off by Twitch.

"I got his smell, Boss! Smelly smell." He bounces up and down excitedly. This guy is weird. We all begin to follow as Twitch leads the way.

"How did he get shot?" Sett asks. "That you're not upset about?" Evelynn questions, confused.

Sett ignores her, looking at Kai'sa. "Y/N gave me cover, and the shooter turned to him." He nods, wanting her to continue.

"We went to the hospital, and the treatment for a Chemtech bullet has... side effects. I think it's making any personal issues he has worse." 

We enter the alley where Y/N and Akali fought. "This is where he ran out." Twitch sniffs around quickly.

His eyes widen as he darts toward Akali. He is quickly stopped by Evelynn's tendrils. "One wrong move and you're dead, Mouse."

Twitch giggles loudly as he sniffs at Akali's neck. "Scent! Scent! This way, Boss!" Yep. Really weird. Twitch charges out of the alleyway.

After around thirty minutes of jogging, we end up in yet another alley. "This where it ends?" Sett asks, confused.

"S-Sorry, Boss-" Twitch begins to sniff around again. "Something dead is nearby." 

"I'm about to be if we don't take a break." I lean against the wall, out of breath.

"Found what's dead." Akali points inside an open trashcan. "Looks like one of those guys Cait took away."

Evelynn peers inside, recoiling from the smell. "That was Y/N. Ripped his throat out." She furrows her brow, leaning down to pick up a piece of cloth.

"Hey, Rat boy." She balls the small black bag up and tosses it to Twitch. He takes a deep breath of the material before lighting up in excitement.

"Found it! Found the smell!" He shouts, running off once again. We're coming, Y/N. I'll make sure you never feel abandoned again. I promise.

A/N:

Little smaller chapter this time. Planning to introduce new bad guys next chapter!