Part 20 - Date(Part 2)

A bead of sweat goes down your forehead as you stare up at the building from Evelynn's car. The restaurant's two stories almost seem to shift into a skyscraper, with your nerves building it upward. "You ready to go in?" Evelynn's voice breaks you from your stupor. 

"Y-Yeah. I guess." Swallowing the lump in your throat, you step out of the car. Despite the unnecessary gesture, Ahri had managed to get you an extremely nice suit. It also fit you perfectly. 'How did she know my size?' You'd have to ask later.

Grabbing Evelynn's hand for comfort, you continue to stare at the entrance. "Calm down, Darling. Remember... it's just me." Truthfully, you were more concerned with the people that would be inside. Being in public was definitely not your thing.

Evelynn gently tugs you along, an attendant opening the door for the two of you. "Ah, Miss Evelynn. Right this way." The hostess begins to lead you toward a table on the second floor. Your ears twitch as whispers fill your ears.

"Who's she with?" "Evelynn has a boyfriend?" "Are Vastayan's allowed in here?" The pressure of Evelynn's grip brings you back to the present as the hostess seats you. "If you have any issues, please bring it to my attention. Enjoy your meal." The woman gives a short bow, heading back to the first floor.

"Are you OK?" Evelynn asks, still holding onto your hand from across the table. "Yeah. I'm fine." The sharp glares in your back made you know you were lying. Releasing her hand, you pick up your menu.

A few moments later, Evelynn looks at you expectantly. "Um. I don't know what any of this is." Every menu item looked like it was in another language. Evelynn chuckles. "Want me to order for you?" 

"Those savages are everywhere now." You hear a man mutter, along with him walking out. "Sure." You lean back in your chair. "Hey, Evelynn?" She perks up from her menu. "Do you ever wish you could be someone else?"

She hums. "I guess I used to. Why, do you?" You shrug. "Sometimes. What made you stop?" Evelynn closes her menu, placing it on top of yours. "Doing things that made me happy. Being around friends that actually liked me, for me."

"Like Ahri?" Evelynn nods, taking a long sip of wine. For that brief moment, all the chatter disappeared and a wave of calm washes over you. "Hey, Evelynn!" Well, that didn't last long.

Watching as Evelynn's eyes narrow, you turn to see a well-dressed man. "James. Jason said you wouldn't be here today." Evelynn sighs as Jason pulls up a chair between the two of you. "So, who's this?" He shoots a dirty look your way.

"That's Y/N. My boyfriend." You nearly choke on your water. "Really? Him?" Evelynn shrugs. "Boyfriend, lover, only man I've ever pursued..." She smirks at you. "The list goes on."

"Come on now, Evelynn. You're telling me you'd rather go out with him than me?" He stands and hovers behind you. "I mean, look at him. You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig." He puts his face right next to yours. "Didn't take you for the type to date animals. On second thought, don't you hang out with that fox from your music group?"

You slam your elbow into his stomach. He wheezes out, leaning against a nearby chair. "Oh. The food's here." Evelynn mutters, looking toward the staircase. You stand, the entire room going deathly quiet.

Regaining his breath, Jason locks eyes with you. "You want a fight, huh? Bring it on!" He shouts as you roll your eyes. Growling, he charges toward you. His first punch is easily caught by you. "You know, you could just apologize." Sighing, you try your best not to hurt him too badly.

You push him off, waiting for his next attack. His hands ignite in electricity. With a smirk, he dashes toward you. Dodging quickly, his fist careens through Evelynn's table. Food flies up from the table, landing in Evelynn's lap.

His hands immediately fizzle as Evelynn stands up with rage in her eyes. Evelynn's gaze quickly darts to you, as you sock Jason across the face. He catches himself on a nearby chair with you gently shaking the small pain from your knuckles.

"That was for Ahri." You mutter, turning to Evelynn. "Sorry." You whisper, knowing you've ruined the date. Evelynn sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Let's just... go." She begins to walk back down the steps with you in tow. 

The two of you enter her car silently. After a couple seconds, Evelynn pipes up. "I should have known he'd be there. I'm sorry." You remain quiet, silently beating yourself up for losing your temper.  

Evelynn throws the car into gear, backing out of her space. The two of you contentedly sit in the peaceful silence, mulling over your date. As Evelynn nears the mansion, you speak first. "That was nice for my first ever date." 

Evelynn raises her eyebrows. "You've never been on a date before?" You shake your head. "I've never been asked on one before." She chuckles. "You won't be able to say that anymore." You smile, stepping out of the car.

"Are you all coming to my fight tomorrow?" You open the front door for Evelynn, allowing her to step in first. "Of course, Darling." She smirks, reaching her hand out for you to take. 

You knew they didn't like you fighting, but there was no way you could give it up. It was the only thing you felt truly good at. It's as if all of your anxiety and stress vanishes the moment you walk through those doors.

"Welcome home, lovebirds!" Ahri shouts from the top of the stairs, descending rapidly towards the two of you. "You're up late." Evelynn chides, narrowing her eyes at the fox. "I was just doing some quick work before you got home." She nervously rubs the back of her head.

"Make sure you get some sleep tonight. I have to wake up early tomorrow." You groan, trudging up the stairs. "Good night, Darling." Evelynn waves as she heads toward the kitchen. "Good night, Y/N!" Ahri smiles widely, nearly causing your heart to skip a beat.

 That officially sells you. She's way too adorable.