Part 8 - Silence

"Y/N is in trouble! Hurry!" Twitch gets stopped from going around the corner by Sett. "Shut it!" He whisper-yells.

The small group peers around the corner of the alley. "Boss said knock him out!" The man says, struggling to pin Y/N down.

 Y/N rolls over on top of the first Zaunite before being tackled by another. Sett steps out from behind the corner.

"I'll deal with this." He slowly makes his way toward the four Zaunites trying to grab Y/N.

Walking behind the two standing soldiers, he collides their heads together. Y/N shrugs the second Zaunite off his shoulders and begins to punch the first repeatedly.

Sett kicks the last one, knocking him out. Y/N pants loudly as he attempts to crawl out of the alley, exhausted.

"Come here, Buddy." Sett leans down, blocking his path with his body. "So tired." Sett gives a small smile.

"Let's get you back to the girl's place." He heaves Y/N onto his shoulders. The group of seven begin to head back to the hospital in silence.

Kai'sa is the first to speak. "Is he always that protective of Y/N?" Twitch bounds beside her with a smile.

"Yes! Boss has always had a soft spot for Y/N ever since he found him on that street corner." He giggles as he reminisces. 

"Twitch? You'd better stop talking." Sett tilts his head backward, eyeing Twitch's small form.

"He'll tell them when he's ready for them to know, got it?" Twitch nods quickly, dashing to Sett's side.

The rest of the walk was silent. Each member of the group, thinking about different things.

Kai'sa was still blaming herself, despite Ahri's attempts to quell that. Her guilt continued to mount as she watched Y/N dangle a bit from Sett's arms.

Akali was relieved, thankful to have Y/N back. Despite her short time with him, the two have grown to be good friends.

Ahri was concerned. She knew he had abandonment issues and decided that despite any difficulties, she would help him.

Evelynn was thankful, much like Akali, to have him back. Even though they hadn't known him long, he felt like a part of K/DA.

Finally arriving back to the hospital's entrance, Sett placed Y/N into Evelynn's car. "I doubt he needs to go back in there, and I think it's better he doesn't. Come on, Twitch." Sett and Twitch get into their car and, after a few waves, they leave.

Ahri steps into the backseat first and places Y/N's head on her lap, letting Kai'sa have enough room to sit. "So, Akali?" The ninja perks her head up from the front seat. "What exactly happened when you chased Y/N?" Kai'sa asks as she looks down at his sleeping figure.

She hums quietly, refocusing on the road. "He said something about people and wanting to throw him out. Then he charged at me." She sighs and then chuckles slightly. "He might have a bump on his forehead tomorrow." She smiles, trying to lighten the mood.

Evelynn growls a bit as she looks in the rearview mirror at Ahri. "Calm down, Tiger." Akali giggles. "She does it on purpose," Evelynn mutters. Ahri makes eye contact with Evelynn in the mirror and smirks.

"What is your two's deal?" Akali asks with a chuckle. "Evelynn is upset that Y/N likes me better," Ahri says proudly. "Does not." Evelynn retorts. "Does too." The two continue to argue as Evelynn's grip on the steering wheel tightens.

"Both of you, stop! Evelynn, focus on the road!" Kai'sa shouts, silencing both of them. "You are both acting like children." Evelynn snorts as she looks back at the road. "You act like you aren't just as bad."

Kai'sa rolls her eyes. "I don't know what you are talking about." Evelynn howls with laughter as she begins to mock. "'Oh Y/N, come play this game with me. Oh Y/N, come taste this soup for me.'" Kai'sa rolls her eyes again.

"Finally. I'm tired." Akali says as Evelynn pulls into the driveway. "Kai, will you help me get him out?" Ahri asks. Kai'sa responds by pushing his legs out toward Ahri, and the duo begins to carry him through the house to the couch.

The girls set him down with a thump, and Ahri breathes out heavily. "He's heavy." Ahri slumps into the seat beside him. "I'll go get blankets!" Akali calls out as she runs up the stairs. "I am going to sleep." Evelynn mutters as she follows the ninja upstairs.

Kai'sa looks down at Y/N with a frown. "If I know Y/N, he would not blame you for what happened," Ahri says as Kai'sa looks up. She sighs and leans back into the sofa. "I don't think anyone here knows him."

-----------------

Several unknown voices ring out downstairs, along with a crowd, as Evelynn descends the staircase. "Hello?" She calls out, peeking around the stair rail. "And he takes another one down!"

She steps into the living room to find Y/N curled up in a blanket, watching the Noxus fighting pits. "You alright, Y/N?" She asks, walking into the kitchen. "Hey Eve-" He breaks into a coughing fit before leaning back up. "Hey."

"What happened last night?" He asks, looking at Evelynn with tired eyes. She giggles and gently sips her water. "What do you remember?" She hands the bottle of water to him. He grabs it and drinks a gulp.

"I remember getting shot and jumping in front of Kai'sa." The sound of the gunshot is almost deafening. As the memory plays in his head, everything falls apart around him. Evelynn raises an eyebrow as his eyes grow distant.

Even Kai'sa's microphone is silenced by the shot. Unable to force his head up to the building, he turns to Kai'sa. Her expression is cold as she stares directly at him. "Y/N." She says, her lips barely moving.

"Y/N!" Evelynn shouts. He snaps out of his vision, rubbing his eyes. "What were we talking about?" Evelynn hmms. "About last night?" She gives a questioning look. He sighs and takes another sip of the water.

"My memory kinda blacks out after that." Y/N chuckles but quickly stops and begins to cough. Evelynn nods, placing one of her declawed fingers to her chin. She then tells him about the events after where his memory failed, excluding him and Akali's fight.

"Then, we brought you back here." Evelynn finishes with a grin. Y/N's eyes remain locked to the floor. Evelynn scoots closer to him, tapping his shoulder. He shoots toward her and envelopes her in a hug. "T-Thank you." He says quickly.

After the surprise wears off, Evelynn pats his back. "No problem. Just don't go running off again." She pulls away with a smirk. "Sur-" He turns to cough, interrupting himself. He nods and drinks from the bottle of water again.

Things might just turn out alright.