Part 12 - Moonlight

"He's been in there for way too long." Kai'sa brushes past the other girls, gently knocking on the door. "Y/N?" No response. "You sure he's not just, I dunno, what guys do?" Evelynn rolls her eyes at Akali. "Yes, Rouge. He's been jacking off for a whole day."

Akali shrugs with a smirk. "Y/N? You haven't eaten since yesterday." Still no response. "Maybe he's sleeping?" Ahri asks, trying to assure herself. "I'm fine. Go away." A weak voice croaks through the door.

"Y/N! You need to come out here. What's wrong?" Kai'sa shakes the doorknob. "Darling, you're worrying us." Evelynn approaches the door, placing a hand on Kai'sa's shoulder. "Just let us in." 

The door clicks softly, revealing a disheveled Y/N. Bags lay under his eyes, his mask covering his face. "See? I'm fine." He pushes to shut the door as Evelynn catches it with a clawed hand. Relenting, Y/N steps away.

"I've got this," Evelynn says to the girls. She gently pushes the door closed. Y/N sighs as he sits down in his chair. "I'm-" "Fine?" Evelynn finishes. "You haven't eaten since last night. I wouldn't call that fine." 

"What do you want from me, Evelynn?" Evelynn snorts with a smirk. "Firstly for you to eat. It would be a shame to let that body go to waste." Y/N chuckles. "Do you think what I did was right? Asking that woman to leave?"

Evelynn raises an eyebrow. "That woman?" Y/N nods. "Honestly? Yes. I don't think it was the wrong decision. But that's your mother. You might not think it now, but eventually, you'll want to have a good relationship with her. Or at the very least, for your kids to have one."

 "You think I'll have kids?" Evelynn nods. "The odds are definitely in your favor. Four fertile women and yourself under one roof? Recipe for children." Y/N's cheeks darken as he looks away. Evelynn giggles.

"Come on. You have to eat." She offers a hand. Hesitantly, Y/N accepts. She leads him out to the other girls. "I made dinner." Akali rushes down the stairs. "Finally!" She exclaims, not having to wait for Y/N anymore.

-Timeskip Akali POV-

I silently creep down the stairs, trying my best not to have them creak. Tiptoeing toward the kitchen cupboard, I grab a cup of ramen. "Sweet midnight snacks." I freeze as the moonlight shifts unnaturally outside the window.

Looking over, Y/N is sitting outside the sliding glass door. I quickly shift the door open. He doesn't flinch, continuing to stare at the stars. "You okay, Y/N?" He nods, patting the spot next to him.

I accept, plopping down next to him. "So... whatcha doing?" I ask, still pretty curious. "You know, I've never watched the stars before?" I notice the glimmer of his tears brimming. "I was always so focused. Determined to pay back my arbitrary debt to Sett."

"I never even thought about just taking time, looking up at the stars." His voice remains steady, but his face tells a different story. "It's hard. Not feeling like you really belong anywhere." He looks down, running a thumb over his hand.

"Hell, even when I was at the arena, I still felt alone. I still feel alone." I hang onto the words as he continues to stare at his hand. Not having the slightest control, I grab his hand in my own. "You aren't alone. You have me, Ahri, Kai'sa, and Eve."

He smiles, sniffling a bit. After a moment, his eyes go wide. "I-I uh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-" "You apologize too much." I shoot forward, pushing my lips onto his. He pauses for a moment before meeting me halfway, deepening the kiss.

I smile like a dork as he pulls away. "Well... that was, something." He stares at me, blushing. "What is this?" He asks as he pulls our hands up. "Handholding?" I snort. "No, this. Between me, you, and the other girls."

"The girls and I don't have anything going on between us. With you, I'm not sure. I like you and so do the other girls." I sigh, leaning on the glass. "I just hope it doesn't end in a fight." Y/N's breath hitches for a moment before settling down.

"I wouldn't want to cause the four of you to fight. If that starts to happen," He turns to look me in the eyes, "Tell me. I'll leave." I roll my eyes. "Is that just your solution to everything? Run?" He thinks for a moment. "It's worked so far."

We sink back into an uncomfortable silence. Well, probably more for me rather than him. He continues to stare at the stars. "You should get some sleep." He mutters, squeezing my hand. "And you?"

"I'm going to go take a walk." I narrow my eyes. "At one AM?" "I can take care of myself. Goodnight." He awkwardly stands and walks off toward the front yard. "I'm definitely not the weird one." Chuckling to myself, I head inside.

-Timeskip 2nd POV-

"So. The Half-Breed wants to fight at my pits, huh? What happened with you and Sett? Finally realize how much of a cunt he is?" You grit your teeth at the nickname. "N-No. We sort of quit talking."

"Whatever, kid. Freak or not, you have to take the test." Kayn leans back into his chair, thumbing at his scythe. You've heard several rumors of Kayn's test. It's the reason he barely has any regular fighters.

He slides a piece of paper to you. "Sign it. Removes all of the legal shit on my end if you-" His smirk grows. "-go missing." You roll your eyes at his enthusiasm, signing the paper. "Great. Let's go, kid."

He ushers you outside his office, the moon slowly sinking. "You probably know the deal but, you last five minutes against Rhaast, and you can call these pits home. Ready?" You nod, taking a deep breath and putting yourself into your fighting, trance-like state.

"RHAAST!" He shouts, the scythe floats away from him. It begins to move almost as if it had a mind of its own. It points toward Kayn, impaling him. Your eyes go wide as him, and the scythe become one. His now horned head cranes toward you. "This ends badly for you, I'm afraid." His smirk grows unnaturally wide. 

"I will take that pitiful existence you call life from you."