Part 24 - Interview

"Sett?" Y/N asks with disbelief, not expecting his call to be picked up so soon. "What's up, kiddo?" Loud talking and music filter through, along with Y/N's impromptu parent's voice. "Is this a good time?" He mutters, hoping Sett wouldn't be too busy to talk about something serious.

"Yeah, hold on- TWITCH! IF YOU'RE GOING TO PISS, DO IT OUTSIDE! Fucking idiot." Sett grumbles. "Let me get somewhere more private." A few moments pass before the line gets quiet. "Alright. You still there?" Y/N hums, sitting up on his bed. "Good, good. So? What'd you need?" His tone betrays a smile to Y/N.

Sighing, the half-Vastayan prepares himself to talk about yesterday. "Me and Ahri- had sex." "LET'S GO! THAT'S MY BOY!" Sett's voice blares out from the phone. "Sett, this is serious!" Sett takes a deep breath. "Alright. Serious. So, what? Did you not pull out or something?"

"Yes, but that's not the-" "WOOOOOOOOO!" Y/N growls, shouting back, "Can you shut up and listen for five seconds?!" Chuckles echo through as he allows Y/N to continue. "Thank you. I-I don't know what to do now. What are we now? What do I say to the other girls? What do I say to Ahri?"

"Calm down. You're just overthinking, like always. Tell me, did she enjoy it?" Y/N raises an eyebrow at the strange question. "I think so?" "Then you've got nothing to worry about. Hell, seconds might be in your future! Just be cool. Remember, what would Sett do? Then take that, and turn it down to like sixty percent. Boom! You've got what you should do."

"Thanks, Sett." Relieved by just getting it off of his chest, Y/N leans back onto the bed. "Hey, no problem. You need anything else, just call. I've gotta go. God, I hope that's poison Twitch is spraying on those people and not piss. C'MERE YOU LITTLE RAT!" Y/N smiles, hanging up the call.

Just as he's about to stand up, a text brings his attention back to his phone.

Katarina: you wanna grab some coffee? i'd still like to talk to you about the Q&A

Y/N: sure, where at?

Katarina: shop on 3rd street

Katarina: i can pick you up if you want?

Y/N: it's fine, i'll be there in an hour.

Straining slightly to stand, Y/N begins to put on decent clothes. "Going somewhere?" Evelynn asks as she leans against the doorway. "To meet Katarina for coffee." Y/N replies, having smelt Evelynn's presence already. "I miss when I could sneak up on you." He smirks, turning to face her. "That was when every smell was new. I've gotten a feel for all four of you."

"Hm. You're really meeting that slimy reporter?" Y/N scoffs. "Why do you hate her? She seemed nice enough when we met." Shutting the door with her foot, Evelynn rolls her eyes. "I know the type. You're telling me you've never had a reporter try to corner you and frame you as a monster?"

"They never had to trap me. I was a monster." Evelynn pauses, realizing what she just brought up. "Darling, I just don't want her to take advantage of you to get at us." "No, I get it. You can't trust me to make my own friends, right?" Brushing past Evelynn, Y/N puts a hand on the doorknob. Her hand immediately stops his.

The tension in the room rises as they lock their gazes. "You know that's not what I meant." Her tone softens. "I can take care of myself, Eve. Trust me." "Implicitly." The corners of Evelynn's lips upturn at the nickname, wrapping her arms around Y/N's shoulders. "Just remember," she says, kissing Y/N deeply and pulling away with a grin. "You're ours." Exiting the room with a giggle, she leaves Y/N in his classic state of shock at all their encounters.

"I hate this house." Y/N mutters as he walks out the front door. Waving to Fred, the metal shutter slowly opens. The light drizzle of rain begins to downpour as soon as Y/N leaves the mansion walls. Should've said yes to that ride.