Chapter 10

Allô wonderful peeps! Wishing you all a happy turkey day if you are celebrating it today. 

Omg already chapter 10!!! 

Enjoy :3

~~~~~~~~~~

---------Tawn & Ink ---------

Tawn had finally, for the time being, given up on dominating Ink. Their period of mating had been brain-numbing and their goal had temporarily slipped their mind.

The duo had finally completed the five-day track in little over twenty, finally arriving at Warm Saltwater Mer Tribe.

It was a tribe that was located by the ocean, as indicated in its name. They specialised in fishing and salt trade. Though that was not what had lured the two level three beastmen to the quiet tribe.

The tribe was also rumored to be home to beautiful females. Frankly, Tawn had been curious and wanted to see said beauties with his own eyes.

Ink on the other hand, was keenly aware that gorgeous females tented to be extra bratty due to their perceived good looks. This he found made them rotten an unappealing, but he'd appease his companion by satisfying his curiosity. It would be fleeting anyways as the females would soon prove themselves to be exactly as the snake expected anyways.

Once they were close enough to the settlement, Ink fell back and remained hidden. Most beastmen did not take well to 'ferals' and snakes were generally not well received.

Tawn on the other hand, sauntered right on in, being sure to wear the proof of his level three standing with pride. In his case, it resembled a tattoo with three parts going from his right shoulder down arm, ending at his elbow. The marks resembled wavy claw marks. Once he reached level four, the design would cover from his shoulder down to half of his forearm.

Ink's proof of level were instead three scales that seemed printed. They were placed just above his left hip, visible even when in his partially shifted form.

When Tawn reached the entrance to the tribe's living area, he was greeted by brusque male guards. They wasted no time in assessing his threat level and asking him what his business at their tribe was.

Although the wolf beastman stronger than both level two guards, he still went with a cover story. It was better to not irk anyone for no reason.

"I've come to see if there is anything that may please my female. She asked me to find her something pretty and unique." He answered confidently. There was no way for the guards to know whether he was truthful or not, as males wore no proof of mating.

Both guards grunted in understanding before the more senior of the two answered, "You'll find what you seek in the third hut to the left." He pointed Tawn towards a shaggy looking hut, decorated in pearls, seashells and other corals.

As Tawn made his way towards the structure, he observed the females he could see promenading around.

Sure, they were attractive, but all had their noses so high in the air that they had likely forgotten what their feet looked like. Not to mention the parade of males that gaggled around them.

If this was the case, none of the females here would suit his cause.

--------- Iris ---------

In her routine, Iris felt like the days had begun to blend together. She still notched her tree to count the days, so she knew how long it'd been. Though without the notches she probably wouldn't be able to tell the days apart.

On day 8 she had decided to own the hairy unshaven look. It's not like she had anyone to impress when she's literally alone out in the wild. Plus, being in the wild means no social norms to conform to, so fuck it!

She'd also started to boil the river water before storing it into empty water bottles. Though that had been a minor event overall.

Day 12 had been memorable. It had been a day filled with success. First, she had increased the intensity of her training from 10 to 15 push-ups, sit-ups each and jumping jacks each. As well as go from 20 seconds of plank to 30 seconds. She also began to increase to a run when going to the river as she no longer felt a need to stop when on the way there. She feels more of a burn after increasing the intensity, but she is set on doing what she can to ensure her survival.

As well as the success in her training, she had finally managed to spear her first fish after seven days of trying. Carrying it back to camp had been difficult due to it weight, but her efforts payed off as it had been absolutely delectable after being roasted. It left her feeling more energetic and in better shape.

Then, to top it all off, she had managed to find a type of vine that fit the bill for use in her archery project, so she had finally managed to make a working bow. Although, she would need to practice her aim extensively – she couldn't even hit a tree that was three meter in front of her.

Sadly, good times don't always last. Day 15 she woke up with her period. The cramps were bad and the flow was heavy. She was grateful to her diva cup but that didn't stop her hormones from being an absolute mess. The brain chemicals amplified her distress at not having been found yet. Her morale was low, and she had done next to nothing that day.

She had skipped her daily training and felt terribly guilty. But she justified that she deserved a break. She just wanted to go home, cuddle into her comfy bed and pretend that the whole ordeal had not happened. She was sick of sleeping on the front two seats of the plane. She missed using an actual toiled and being able to wipe her rear with soft paper when she was done her business. She missed her warm shower...

Though most of all, she missed her friends and family. She was terrified that she'd never be able to say goodbye or tell them just how much they all meant to her. She regretted not spending more time with them and instead being wrapped up in her work and career goals.

Her eyes were swollen from the tears that stained her cheeks that day.

By day 20 her period had finally ended and along with that she had accepted that she would likely never see her family and friends again. They would likely morn her disappearance and never know that she had in fact survived. She tried not to let the thought disturb her. She'd have an empty grave to her name or simply be marked off as missing. She didn't know which was worse.

With there only being one day left to her ELT's expected life, she often felt the need to cry. But she had already shed all her tears. Instead, she continued to increase the intensity of her training. If she wanted to live in the wilderness, she'd have to play by the wild game – survival of the fittest.

She was determined to be in the group of the 'fittest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading! Any comments and support are greatly appreciated :3

Remember to tap that sexy star button if you like my work 

Take care <3