||1||

The figure emitted a mystical aura as it stood among the scattered flowers in the vast expanse. Leaves danced on the breeze, but a clump of copper-coated parchments remained secured to a thread. The blue ink droplets adorned the thumb of that enigmatic figure.

The words appeared fresh, the wet ink glistening on the pages. A serene smile graced the face of the sage as he inscribed the greatest chronicle of the era, The Jaya Samhita. The pages unfolded tales of bravery and sacrificial tears, depicting the passionate love of Subhadra and Arjuna, and the heart-wrenching separation of Vrikodara and Hidimba. The epic poem continued, narrating the dawn of Kaliyuga by a valiant warrior of sixteen years. Even the stars and the heavens mourned the unjust and cruel game played by the Kauravas.

Yet, peace did not come to the Pandavas; instead, a princess's vermillion was scattered. "Sashirekha Parinayam," the ink on the holy scriptures deepened in color amidst the weight of the words. Veda Vyasa pressed on with his inscription.

"Vaishampaya, the one who shall recount this noble chronicle," Vyasa murmured, envisioning the future.

He wiped away the beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. Melancholy mingled in his heart, unsure of the fate of his authentic work amidst the illusions of false freedom and oppressive monarchies. Still, he continued to write, hoping for the best.

"Acharya, Emperor Parikshit and his chief consort Madravati wish to meet you. He awaits outside," informed one of his disciples, his head bowed in reverence for his esteemed teacher.

Vyasa responded with an unwavering smile, his voice smooth and resonant. The tall man, with a hint of grey in his beard, stood at seven feet, his strong jawline accentuated by gravity. His eyes, hooded and filled with unknown gratitude, reflected his appreciation. "Perhaps it is the incidental call of destiny," he paused, blinking once, then continued, "Let them in."

"O renowned and great sage, Vyasa, I offer my heartfelt greetings to you," Parikshit clasped his hands before Vyasa, and Madravati followed suit, a faint smile on her face. The warrior, of middling years and fair complexion, stood before the sage. He was six and a half feet tall, his eyes a deep blue, radiating respect for the mystic sage.

Vyasa's gaze fell upon the little infant, giggling in his mother's arms. He could sense the aura of Abhimanyu surrounding the young crown prince of Hastinapura. The eldest son of Satyavati raised his palm, bestowing his blessings upon the trio. "Sukhinobhavantu, may prosperity and knowledge flourish in your kingdom."

"We would like to seek your blessings for our son's horoscope, Acharya. Would you kindly perform this task?" The empress' humble voice carried on the sound waves.

She appeared captivating to the human eye, her fair countenance, and warm hazel eyes reflecting her kindness and grace.

"He is our crown prince, the future of the Kuru clan and the great-grandchild of my beloved brother, Bhishma's grandchild, Arjuna. I would be honored to fulfill your request," Vyasa replied with dignity and sincerity, cradling the infant in his arms.

"O Rajan, he shall grow to become the greatest of warriors and a skilled leader. The pride of his subjects, yet his uncontrolled rage can cause great destruction. He bears the aura of your late father. He may resemble him in every manner," Vyasa spoke with pride for the little emperor, who was busy waving his arms in the air.

Parikshit's heart swelled with profound delight, a beautiful smile gracing his face. He held back his tears at the mention of his father, Subhadra's Abhimanyu. He embraced his son.

"Parikshit, as your grandfather, I command you. Safeguard this precious treasure in the deepest chamber of the palace, where not even a speck of light dares to enter. It is the exquisite and authentic inscription of the Jaya Samhita, Vatsa. It contains tales of bravery, thirst for knowledge, and the fight for one's rights. The love between Subhadra and Arjuna, Vrikodara and Hidimba, the eternal love of your mother and father. Do not let a single page wear out," Vyasa's voice deepened as he warned the emperor.

The sage paused, inhaling the oxygen swirling in the atmosphere. He continued, "There are rivals who seek to erase our glories, to twist our words." Vyasa voiced his concerns.

Parikshit assured him of the safety of the holy scriptures through his lotus-shaped eyes, extending his arms to receive the sacred leaves.

"My mother left this world imparting to her son the ethics and morals of a king, a legacy. My father bestowed upon me this vast kingdom, teaching me the qualities of a just ruler. I assure you, the precious treasure of my lineage will remain safe and secure as long as I live," Parikshit's voice rang out like the roar of a hunting tiger.

His hands caressed the top layer of the blanket that protected the parchments.

As the moon cast its silvery glow upon the stars, the citizens of the capital city found respite from their busy lives and gathered in a group. The emperor's ears caught the hoarse and loud voices of his subjects as he rode his chariot through the main passage of the city. Once again, he witnessed the staged play of Shashirekha and Abhimanyu, the ideal couple whose love stories were presented to the people in a beautiful manner.

 Once again, he witnessed the staged play of Shashirekha and Abhimanyu, the ideal couple whose love stories were presented to the people in a beautiful manner

GLOSSARY:

Jaya-Sahmita: The other name of Mahābhārata (I.e- A Tale from Indian History and Mythology)

Kaliyugā: The last yugā in the 4 yugā's with the time period of 4,32,000 years according to Sanātana Dharma.

Rājan: King

Sukhinōbhavantu: May you be blessed with happiness.

Kāma: A form of love (sex) which binds two humans with a thread, where there's no place for lust. It can be spiritual either.

Pariṇayaṁ: Meaning; Marriage, Śaśirēkha Pariṇayaṁ: Marriage of Sashirekha.