||8||

It was a real bliss to witness the utmost favourite student of my father was being punished by himself. The little warrior who was flying the kite of pride had uprooted in one place with his head bowed, infront of pitā. What could be more satisfactory than relishing the unlucky fate of a person through my own eyes who always diminished my tranquil and peace of my mind.

My ocular perceivers captured a blissful scenario of Abhimanyu's ear tips being wrenched by my father. I cherished the cold berates of my father yet blocked my rejoicing expression.

"These are the ethics that I preached to you? To be prideful regarding your skills? Did you let the authentic fact slip out of your mind that you didn't excel in any of the weaponry nor gained the knowledge of evoking celestial weapons? By god's grace the arrow didn't prick her skin! If it would had, what would be your reply? Keep her aside, would you showcase the identical attitude towards the innocent soldiers in the war, tomorrow?" The base and intense voice of my father provided my burning vengeance a perfect solace. For the first ever time, I grasped my titter upto me rather than clasping my tears at the hoarse voice of my father.

Abhimanyu shifted his eye pupils towards me. He narrowed his gaze from the corner of his cornea, proffering me severe glances. Before I could reciprocate his gaze, my ocular perceivers latched the scene of my father inspecting Abhimanyu's body language from top to bottom. As the reflex action, I quickly sprinted towards my father and obscured myself behind him while engulfing my hands around his waist.

I peeped in through the space between his hand and waist to extend an irreproachable and tidy look to my father. His eyes softened at the clear and innocent glance of mine whereas Abhimanyu gasped at my theatrical skills. My father directed his head towards Abhimanyu before he spoke.

"Saubhadreya Abhimanyu! Where are you staring at?" It wasn't a call but a roar of my father out of sheer infuriation and displeasure.

Which teacher could gulp the indisciplined behaviour of his student which lead to the breakdown of morals that the teacher fed to his student? I appreciated myself that I had targeted on the main spot rather than braiding lame excuses to push Abhimanyu into the ditch of my father's dismay.

A ghadi glided down the time lane in illuminating the spark of the ethics of a warrior and conveying his displeasure regarding the behaviour of Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu needs to be grateful towards my brother who dragged him out of the den by stating that pitr̥ṣvēśa is looking out for him.

"Go!" Pitā excused him after registering the valid reason. "What was the matter?" Bhrāta Niśāntha whispered to Abhimanyu who exchanged a narrow glare with me." The root cause is that rat!" He pointed at me in an aggressive voice which was enough audible to Pitā, though.

My father titlted his head at Abhimanyu before asserting " Do you wish to receive one smack from me or two?" Abhimanyu whined at the high volume of my father while he again resumed " Who would have enlightened me regarding your extraordinary traits if she wouldn't had revealed me about the incident? And you are blaming her?