||16||

I bowed my head as he tied the thread smeared in turmeric encompassing my neck, the three tight knots claimed me as his, officially. Our marriage indeed needed additional efforts but now I consider them worth it. I locked my eyelashes as I sensed the filling of my partition of forehead with the holy vermillion by the man I loved.

My smile was genuine, devoid of any other feelings, it just upheld the decree of happiness. The blessing session wraps up within a couple of minutes. The fire is the sole spectator of our unspoken musings and vows.

Following the marriage rituals, as usual it's the night for some memorable moments for a couple who are already smeared with the paste of love on their hearts. Bhārgavi, Oops! Bhratrijāya, fills my eardrums with the rants. The day, when she was bestowed to my brother Charudeha, I didn't spare her, now as the tables flipped and the cycle of karma has spun, she's showering me with her cold revenge.

"Please!" My sorrow pumps out in form a mere word.

"Shh! I am teaching you!" He pushes my back head forward.

What kind of teachings are they? I couldn't perceive this knowledge from any one of the resource I knew.

"Vatsu, learn to respect elder's teachings!"

My eldest sister in law Subhamita dramatizes her sentences and lays emphasis on the last couple of words. This soul is a pure one like my Bhārgavi. We managed to weave a beautiful bond of golden thread just with in the time span of a few months. Of course, it didn't consume much time.

"Elder? Who? She!? Seriously? From which angle bhratrijāya ? She's a week elder to me!" I puff my roly-poly cheeks.

"And please cease this dark conversation, there's a life which is nurturing in your womb! Don't expose my nephew to negative vibes. Hey Shri Hari." I plug in my fingers into my ears with a theatrical expression. This kid would be the most pampered one as he shall be their first kid after a prolong period of twelve years of their marriage. She was seventeen back there when she got hitched and my brother was twenty.

"Aha, decided that it's a boy? "

"Even name is decided !" I grinned !

Before I could mould my inner feelings into a sentence bhratrijāya pinned my hair tight "Even the time for your first night is decided! Go and remember--"

I cut her off " Address him as arya or svami."

The both old aged ladies push me into the room within a snap. Before I could digest the scenarios and turn around, the medium slam of the door revibrates in my ears. I gobble the lump of saliva and place the glass of milk on the table. Blood gushes down at a high speed from my head to toe as if the gravitational pull of mother earth is sucked up. Lines of nervous queue up on my forehead.

"Why am I nervous at a sudden?" I play with the edge of my angavastram.

I huff and try to explain my adrenaline that there's no necessity to trigger my sleeping stress! As I roam in my imaginary land, a creack jerks me up. Obviously, I knew who's it. A sweep line of flush garnishes my cheeks.

"Praṇipāt." He grins as he tugs my floating curls beneath by earlobe.

I could sense his presence from past few years but now, I can clearly feel his aura, though. "Listen, svami."

No, I didn't feel weird by replacing a term instead of his name. It's the token of respect that I have towards him.

"Yes, Sashi?" I wrap his arms around my waist. "I love you."

He chuckles " I love you too." Before he could do anything I hop like a jaguar to my bed.

He frowns at my unpleasant action. What can I expect from a person whose limbic neurons aren't in his control.

"Sashi!"

"Svami!"

He fluffs his cheeks and spells his highlight line "I am going!"

I shrug and show him the path of exist. He proceeds towards the door and halts waiting for my call. He flips around.

"You didn't stop me!" He complains in a kid's notation. "Aha, why should I?" I flick my hairs.

He stretches the tip of his lips "Committed a grave mistake!". The next second I can sense his wamrth

With in a blink of my eye, I am adjusted into his embrace. His hot breath tickles me. However, I lean unto his chest with my hands around his waist. They say we go numb for a while when we share an intense eye contact but it's a white lie. Our senses work but refuse to act. He nibbles my earlobe a little to which I hiss, my hands travellled upto his hair, playing with his curls. Resting our bodies on the bed, I conceal my face deep in his chest as he fondles my hair.

Soon, our thoughts merged into one as the calories burned at a rate of high speed. I cherished his profound warmth but my vocal cords aren't voluntary today! I scream like a maniac.

"Shh!" He cups my mouth with his palm. "Get out!" I whimper as I leave my teeth marks on his palm.

But the pain is sweet and melodious, I danced on his tunes with a constant rhythm. Blanket of transparent water covered my eyes which compelled me to tighten my grip over him but his thumb absorbed my crystal drops.

The sweet purrs of mine which don't belong to either pleasure or pain were repeated continously. Blood, the pure form of vermillion, the symbol of bravery and so the memroable moments of love. Those are the moments when. If a world existed, it's owned by only a duo of people, me and Saubhadrey.

Yep, it exposed the every inch of my skin to the fire, but no, it isn't the fire used for burning waste, but it's a indeed a holy one. The feeling is exotic but not toxicating. In real senses, we claimed each other as ours.

 In real senses, we claimed each other as ours