She said "let's get out of this town, drive out of the city"

December 2020

"Good morning sunshine of mine," Taylor smiles as she watches Karlie shuffle into the kitchen, still rubbing sleep from her eyes.

Karlie doesn't respond with words, it's more like a mumbled grunt that Taylor assumes means "good morning". Karlie has never really been a morning person, Taylor knows this and being pregnant has made her more tired but also made her a more restless sleeper which seems like a particularly cruel combination.

Karlie rounds the kitchen counter and presses a sleepy kiss to Taylor's lips in greeting. Taylor pulls away far too quickly for Karlie's liking so she wraps an arm around Taylor's back to keep her close as her other hand reaches up to tangle in Taylor's hair, urging her face closer so she can kiss her again deep and slow, licking into Taylor's mouth.

Taylor recovers quickly, her hands settling low on Karlie's back, fingers drifting under Karlie's shirt to press against warm skin as she kisses her back.

"You taste like coffee," Karlie explains as she pulls away pressing one final kiss to Taylor's lips which makes Taylor roll her eyes when she finally blinks them open.

"I miss coffee," Karlie sighs, looking wistfully at Taylor's half empty coffee mug on the counter.

"Breakfast," Taylor whispers, clearing her throat in an attempt to hide how breathless she sounds. She slides a plate of avocado toast in front of Karlie and brushes a kiss to her cheek before turning back to finish wiping down the counter.

"Taylor?" Karlie asks staring down at the toast that Taylor has put in front of her.

"Yeah honey?" Taylor responds trying her best to sound innocent, biting her lower lip to keep from smiling while stealing furtive glances at Karlie.

"Why is there a 13 in my toast?" Karlie asks still frowning down at her plate.

"Huh, that's weird," Taylor says as she makes her way around the counter to stand beside Karlie, pretending to peer down at the plate of toast and feigning confusion.

"What are you up to?" Karlie asks poking Taylor in the side, enjoying the way she tries to squirm out of her reach but Karlie wraps her arms around her before she can get too far.

"Me?" Taylor gasps as if scandalised. "What makes you think that I'm up to something?" she challenges.

"You're always up to something," Karlie mutters shooting her a deadpan look and Taylor can't help but shrug innocently.

"Well, I guess you'll have to wait and see," Taylor teases brushing her lips against Karlie's neck, eyes closing when she breathes in and smells Karlie's familiar vanilla-scented body wash.

"Wait for how long?" Karlie asks with a shiver when Taylor's warm breath fans across her neck.

"That's for me to know Karlie," Taylor whispers tapping her finger gently against Karlie's nose which makes her scrunch it adorably.

"Where are you going?" Karlie asks as Taylor unwinds her arms from around her waist.

"Music room," Taylor replies.

"Thirteen what Taylor?" Karlie presses. "Are we talking days? Weeks? Months?"

"Your toast is getting cold Karlie," Taylor replies with a smug smirk, brushing a kiss to Karlie's forehead before turning and making her way out of the kitchen.

"At least tell me it's not years," Karlie pleads at Taylor's retreating form but all she gets is a chuckle in response.

Less than two weeks later Taylor comes clean and surprises Karlie with an impromptu road trip. Taylor had been so busy recording and finishing evermore that she and Karlie hadn't had much time alone together and so she had been planning a pre-Christmas getaway, for the two of them. And seeing as Karlie wasn't supposed to be flying any more a road trip had seemed the ideal solution. And if they were going on a road trip, there was really only one place that they wanted to go.

"You're taking me to Big Sur?" Karlie gasps.

"I know we normally go in March," Taylor rushes to explain. "But, I figured this little one might have us otherwise occupied" Taylor trails off, pressing her hand to Karlie's stomach, her fingers softly stroking her bump. "So, will you take a road trip with me to Big Sur?"

"Always baby," Karlie murmurs against Taylor's lips, nuzzling her nose before kissing her softly.   

It's been a while folks but let me know what you think!