The one where Taylor makes Karlie cry

In preparation for the release of Lover, have some Kaylor reputation fluff...

August 2017

"Oh honey, are you ok?" Taylor asks tightening her arms around Karlie and pulling her closer.

Taylor had not been expecting this reaction from playing her new album for Karlie for the first time. It had been going so well, or so she had thought.

They had traded soft kisses after Delicate and Karlie had gotten so flustered during Gorgeous that she hadn't been able to do anything but duck her head and will the heat in her cheeks to dissipate. King of my Heart had been full of shy smiles before Karlie had levelled Taylor with a smouldering look during Dress that almost made Taylor fumble the chords on her guitar. They had been so busy making out after Call It What You Want To that Taylor had almost forgotten about New Year's Day which had just faded out when Karlie burst into tears.

"Mmm-hmmm" Karlie mumbles, burying her head in the crook of Taylor's neck, tears still spilling from her eyes.

"I didn't mean to make you cry, love," Taylor whispers, turns her head into Karlie's to press her lips against the side of her head and keep them there. "Baby, I'm starting to get worried. Did you not like it?"

"No, no Taylor, I love it, it's amazing," Karlie says shaking her head but curling further into Taylor. "I love it so much."

"Really?" Taylor asks shyly, noticing that Karlie's tears have slowed a bit but she still holds her close.

"Really," Karlie sniffles and Taylor can feel her eyelashes flutter against the skin of her neck.

"Thank you," Taylor smiles and presses a kiss to the top of Karlie's head, as she reaches up to tangle her fingers in the hair at the base of Karlie's neck, scratching lightly.

"I mean it Taylor, it's incredible," Karlie says pulling back from Taylor to meet her eyes.

"Then why the tears?" Taylor asks carefully, afraid of setting Karlie off again.

"I just... I love you so so much, you're the most important thing in the world to me, you know that right?" Karlie says sniffling as she pulls away and before she can lift her hand to wipe at her cheeks, Taylor's cupping her face and brushing away her tears with a soft smile.

"I love you too Karlie," and Karlie's lower lip starts trembling again so Taylor leans up to press a lingering kiss to her forehead.

Karlie's exhale is shaky, fingers gripping Taylor's wrists weakly.

"C'mon," Taylor murmurs and Karlie lets herself be led over to the couch and Taylor's heart warms at Karlie's seeming inability to let her go so she ends up with her legs tucked under her body and Karlie practically sitting in her lap, her back against the armrest of the couch as they face each other.

Karlie's playing with her fingers, frowning down at her lap, deep in thought so Taylor waits her out.

"I'm never gonna be able to write an album full of love songs telling you how much I love you," Karlie says softly, voice a little shaky as she stares down at their intertwined hands.

"But I need you to know..." She trails off, choking up and even though Taylor feels tears pool in her eyes, she shakes her head sharply to dispel them and untangles one of her hands to reach up and cup Karlie's face, urging her eyes to meet hers.

"I know Karlie," Taylor assures and fresh tears spring to Karlie's eyes.

"I always try and show you how much I love you," Karlie whispers, her hand sliding up along Taylor's spine to curl around the back of her neck, clinging onto Taylor to try to stem the overflow of emotions she's feeling.

"You do, Karlie," Taylor whispers, pressing her forehead against Karlie's. "You do."

Karlie closes her eyes as she takes in a deep breath, fingers tightening against Taylor's scalp when Taylor kisses her eyelids and then her forehead before gently pressing her own forehead there.

"You always show me how much you love me," Taylor says, reaching up to wipe away one of Karlie's rogue tears. "In the biggest and smallest ways," she whispers.

Karlie opens her eyes when she feels Taylor's fingers trembling against her skin, tilts her head to capture Taylor's lips in a slow kiss.

"I know it's not easy," Taylor murmurs against her lips. "Being with me, I know it's a lot sometimes..."

"No baby, no," Karlie shakes her head. "I mean there are parts of it that are hard, but being with you..." she trails off and presses her lips against Taylor's cheek, lingering there and Taylor's eyes flutter closed as she takes in a shaky breath, a tear trailing down her cheek despite her stubborn attempts to prevent it.

"Loving you is the easiest thing in the world," Karlie whispers, kissing away Taylor's lone tear and her fingers on Taylor's cheek guide her face sideways so Karlie can press their foreheads together.