Your love is my drug

June 2016

"Was the drive down okay?" Andrea enquires as she places the kettle of water on top of the stove.

"Yeah, I hit some traffic coming out of LA but other than that it was fine," Karlie says taking a look around the quiet house. "How's the patient?"

"She's doing ok," Andrea replies leaning back against the kitchen counter in Taylor's Beverly Hills cottage. "The pain killers she's on have made her a little loopy, there were almost tears earlier over a headless banana."

"Really?" Karlie says and she can't help but smile widely at the thought of her girl high as a kite on medication.

"Don't worry, I took a video," Andrea smiles reaching for her phone before pulling it up and showing Karlie.

"Oh my goodness, that's so cute," Karlie chuckles handing the phone back to Andrea once the video is done.

"She went for a nap after that, she was feeling pretty sorry for herself," Andrea says, handing Karlie a mug of green tea.

"Poor baby, she's not the best patient," Karlie says smiling softly trying not to show how relieved she is to see visual confirmation that Taylor is ok, if a little insane.

Andrea's heart warms at the concern and moves over to the high stools at the breakfast bar. "She's been that way ever since she was little."

"Tell me about your week dear, you were at your coding camps?"

"It was amazing, some of the projects and ideas that the girls had were incredible. It was a great week, getting to travel between the camps and meet the girls," Karlie smiles sitting down beside Andrea.

"Taylor mentioned that you were considering expanding the camps for next summer?"

"Hopefully, I mean we had camps in New York, LA and St. Louis this summer but I would love to have more," Karlie cradling her cup of tea before beginning to tell Andrea about some of the girls that she had met.

About half an hour later Karlie makes her way down the hall to check on her girl. She quietly makes her way into the room, giving her eyes a couple of seconds to adjust to the dim lighting, the drapes having been fully closed in attempt to block out the afternoon sun as they had been warned that Taylor's eyes would be particularly sensitive to light for a couple of days after the surgery. Karlie can't help but smile when she sees Taylor propped up on at least four pillows still sleeping before gently closing the door and stepping fully into the bedroom.

She makes her way over to her and perches on the side of the bed careful not to disturb her sleeping girlfriend. She takes a few seconds to look at Taylor with a soft smile, wanting to lean in and brush her fingers against her soft skin but not wanting to wake the blonde. Karlie has to bite her lip in an attempt to choke the chuckle that threatens to escape at the sight of the clear mask that the doctors have literally taped to Taylor's face to prevent her from accidentally touching her eyes whilst they heal. She thinks that they look like pretty pathetic superhero goggles and the fact that they are paired with an oversized teddy bear sweater only adds to the effect.

She can't help but reach out and brush the short strands of bleach blonde hair off Taylor's forehead before running her fingers through Taylor's short hair, nails scratching soothingly.

Taylor stirs not much later, and lets out a soft, sleepy sigh at the action. Karlie watches Taylor with a small smile, watches as her brows furrow and she scrunches up her nose and she looks so cute that Karlie can't help but smile wider, leaning down to press a kiss against Taylor's forehead.

Taylor sighs again and turns into the touch, basking in it for a bit before slowly opening her eyes, blinking against the dim light in the room.

"Hi baby, how're you feeling?" Karlie asks quietly, Taylor's blue eyes hazy as she tries to blink the sleepiness away and focus her gaze on Karlie.

Taylor brings her hand up to rub her eyes and bumps against her goggles that her brow furrows in confusion, a soft whine escaping her lips.

"I'm ok, you're just a little blurry," Taylor says, brow furrowing and reaching out to trail her fingers down Karlie's arm.

"Well, you look adorable," Karlie says smiling, and she grasps Taylor's hand, bringing her fingers to her lips to press a gentle kiss to them.

"My little pillow princess."

Karlie kicks off her shoes and pulls back the covers to slide into bed beside Taylor who immediately turns on to her side, tugging Karlie's arm around her waist and settling against her.

"Tell me about your coding camps," Taylor whispers, intertwining her fingers with Karlie's where they're resting against her stomach.

"I'll tell you all about them later," Karlie replies, nuzzling her face into the back of Taylor's neck, before pressing her lips so the soft skin there. "You need to rest babe."

"Mmkay," Taylor breathes and Karlie can tell that she's well on her way to drifting back to sleep.

It's only when Karlie is fixing their morning coffee a couple of weeks later that she realises that her girlfriend may have been more with it during that conversation than she had given her credit for when Taylor comes storming into the kitchen in outrage. "I cannot believe you called me a pillow princess Karlie, that's not even accurate and you know it!"