Cause if I was a man, then I'd be the man

February 2020

Taylor pauses at the door of her dressing room taking in the sight of her fiancee asleep on the couch, her long legs hanging over the armrest, snoring lightly.

Karlie had just flown back from being in Paris for 24 hours so it's no surprise that she's exhausted and trying to get ahead of the jetlag Taylor knows she's going to be feeling for the next couple of days. Taylor had tried to convince her to go straight home but Karlie had insisted on coming to set, maintaining that she wanted to see Taylor straight away.

Taylor makes her way over to her girl, perching on the side of the couch and reaching out to trail her fingers down the side of Karlie's face.

Karlie begins to stir and she leans into Taylor's touch, her eyelids fluttering. She lets out a sleepy sigh before opening her eyes expecting to see Taylor so she gets the fright of her life to see some guy sitting on the couch watching her sleep.

"Oh my god," Karlie exclaims, lurching backwards so quickly that she almost shoves the creepy guy off the couch. He lets out an indignant "Karlie" that sounds nothing like what Karlie imagines he should sound like, in fact he almost sounds like Taylor.

That cuts through Karlie's panic long enough to allow her to study the features of this guy and realisation dawns on her, she would recognise those blue eyes anywhere.

"You scared the crap outta me Taylor," Karlie hisses, flopping back down onto the couch and trying to calm her racing heart.

"You cannot sneak up on me in disguise, I nearly had a heart attack," Karlie says glaring up at Taylor, rubbing her chest.

"Sorry, I forgot," Taylor chuckles, she's been dressed like this since this morning so it had slipped her mind. She smiles sheepishly at Karlie before leaning in for a kiss.

"Baby, no," Karlie says scrunching her nose and ducking away.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asks looking confused.

"Nothing," Karlie says shaking her head. "It's just, I can't kiss you when you're dressed like this."

"What?" Taylor asks incredulously.

"It's too weird," Karlie whines scrunching her nose before reaching out to touch her fingers lightly against Taylor's fake stubble.

"You're serious?" Taylor protests, even as she leans in to Karlie's touch.

"It would be like kissing Austin," Karlie argues.

"But it will help me get in character," Taylor whines with an impressive pout that would usually be enough to make Karlie cave but the effect is somewhat dulled when she looks so unlike herself.

"Oh really?" Karlie asks and she can't help but smile at Taylor's persistence.

"Mmmhmm, I'm a method actor baby," Taylor whispers nodding her head as she leans in to press her lips against Karlie's but Karlie turns her head at the last second and Taylor's lips end up on her cheek.

Taylor lets out a low grumble but presses another kiss to Karlie's cheek anyway.

"You managed to channel a cat, I think you'll be fine," Karlie whispers in Taylor's ear, stifling a laugh at Taylor's sulky expression.

"Fine, I just might have to see if any of the other models want to help me out," Taylor says trying her best to look unbothered by this turn of events.

"Mmmkay, have fun babe," Karlie mumbles around a yawn and patting Taylor's hand where it's resting on her stomach. Karlie decides to snuggle back under the blanket, planning on going back to sleep until Taylor is done.

Taylor rolls her eyes in defeat but still presses a soft kiss to Karlie's forehead before she heads back on to the set to try and get the last of the re-shoots done so she and Karlie can go home.

An hour later, Taylor is finally done and showered and back to normal and looking around for Karlie who is no longer asleep on the couch where she left her. Taylor spies her sitting on the director's chair looking at footage on one of the monitors that the producer is showing her.

Taylor taps her on the shoulder and Karlie whips around, her face breaking into a bright smile as soon as her eyes land on Taylor.

"There's my girl," Karlie whispers reaching out to grab Taylor's hand and pull her closer. Taylor drops her backpack by Karlie's feet and leans in to wrap her arms around Karlie's shoulders.

Karlie's hands settle low on Taylor's hips, her thumbs stroking back and forth under the material of her shirt. Karlie leans down to kiss Taylor but Taylor ducks out of the way, smirking at Karlie's high pitched whine.

"Well, well, well, how the tables have turned," Taylor says smiling smugly up at Karlie.

"Baby, this hurts you as much as it hurts me," Karlie points out but Taylor just shakes her head in denial.

Karlie leans in and nudges her nose against Taylor's and she can feel Taylor's resolve start to crumble as she leans into Karlie more.

"You were incredible out there," Karlie whispers, before pressing her lips to the spot just behind Taylor's ear that she knows she can't resist.

Taylor makes a low sound almost like a whimper in the back of her throat that Karlie's pretty sure she's not even aware of.

Taylor sways forward before leaning up to kiss Karlie fiercely, her hand tangling in the hair at the base of her neck to hold her place.

Karlie doesn't even try to hide how breathless she is when they pull apart and she pulls Taylor into a hug, squeezing her tight before whispering in her ear. "I am so glad you're not a man."

Let me know what you think, comments make me happy!