This is our place, we make the rules

May 2016

Karlie loves Sundays. It's always been one of her favourite days of the week, even when she was a little kid and she knew that school was waiting for her again in the morning. She would always try to savour the last few hours of freedom which when she was younger meant baking with her Mom in the afternoon and then trying to convince her parents to let her and her sisters stay up as late as possible. As an adult it means quiet, lazy days curled up with Taylor, maybe not even venturing outside the confines of the apartment before the demands of another hectic week start again in earnest.

This particular Sunday, she feels like she's hit the jackpot. She and Taylor are curled up together on the couch, the remnants of the breakfast that they had cooked together that morning left on the coffee table and the Cardinals game playing on the large t.v. screen.

"What do you think about a gas stove top?" Taylor asks looking up at Karlie from her position tucked into the model's side.

"Hmm?" Karlie hums distractedly, tearing her gaze away from the game. She glances down at Taylor and she can't help but notice that from this angle she can almost see down the front of the loose button down shirt that Taylor had thrown on this morning. That coupled with the knowledge that all Taylor has on besides is her underwear does little to help her concentrate on Taylor's question. Karlie darts her eyes up to meet Taylor's and the smirk she receives in response lets her know that she's been caught staring.

Karlie clears her throat and looks away, feeling her face flush under Taylor's gaze.

"For the kitchen?" Taylor presses deciding to take pity on her girl.

"You already have a stove in the kitchen?" Karlie says confused.

"For the new kitchen," Taylor explains, showing Karlie some pictures on her iPad.

"Why do we need a need a new kitchen? I like your kitchen," Karlie asks, shifting to get a better look aver Taylor's shoulder.

"That's the point, I don't want it to be my kitchen, I want it to be our kitchen," Taylor explains, pressing a kiss to the underside of Karlie's jaw.

"I see," Karlie says smiling at her girlfriend, filling with warmth at the thought of having a place that is fully theirs. Karlie can't fight the urge to lean down and steal a short soft kiss so she doesn't.

"I've never lived with anyone before," Karlie whispers shyly as they break apart.

Taylor tilts her head in thought as she runs her fingers through Karlie's hair. "Me neither," Taylor muses before swaying forward and capturing Karlie's lips in another slow kiss.

Taylor's smiling when she pulls away and has to blink to clear her head as she melts further into Karlie's side. "So, gas stove top?"

"I'm not sure how I feel about having you near a naked flame," Karlie teases, letting out a surprised yelp when Taylor delivers a swift poke to her side.

"That was one time Karlie," Taylor fires back indignantly. "One little video and suddenly I'm a pyromaniac," she adds under her breath.

"Whatever you want baby," Karlie assures leaning over Taylor, plucking her iPad out of her hands. Karlie presses Taylor back into the couch cushions and settles between her thighs to kiss her again, baseball forgotten.

Six months later, after countless Pinterest boards, a lot of antique shopping, and endless bickering over paint swatches, they were finally ready to move back into their renovated apartment. The place was freshly painted and they had hired movers to bring by all their stuff and get the larger furniture set up but they had wanted to unpack the rest of their boxes together to decide where everything should go. They had ordered pizza and were unpacking boxes, listening to music playing from the bluetooth speaker.