Remind her how it used to be, with pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks

October 2019

"Karlie, are you almost done?" Taylor asks swivelling absentmindedly on Karlie's desk chair and blowing on her freshly varnished nails to help them dry.

"You could help you know," Karlie says looking expectantly at Taylor, hands on her hips as she surveys the mountain of clothes on the bed in front of her. Karlie had been putting off sorting through her closet in her old apartment for months, but since it was being sold, she couldn't really put it off any longer.

"You know how much I hate doing laundry," Taylor whines pouting at Karlie.

"This isn't laundry, it's just sorting and folding."

"But folding is the reason that I hate doing laundry," Taylor fires back smirking at Karlie.

Karlie shakes her head in exasperation and looks to the sky as if for patience. "Would you at least grab my cream trench coat from the closet? I don't want to leave that one behind."

"But my nails," Taylor pouts holding up her hands to illustrate her point.

"Please, it's one of my favourites."

"I hate going into your closet, it so disorganised it gives me anxiety," Taylor whines even though she gets up to move towards Karlie's walk-in closet.

"That's not fair, I have a system!?" Karlie gasps in outrage, swatting Taylor with a sweater as she moves past her.

"Then it makes sense that you should grab it," Taylor argues but she still moves to wrap her arms around Karlie's neck and pulls her closer until their bodies are pressed together.

"I can't, I have to finish this," Karlie says gesturing down to the pile of clothes that still need to be organised into piles to keep, stuff her sisters might want and pieces to give away.

"Hmmm, that's awfully convenient," Taylor whispers back, smiling as Karlie abandons the sweater she was folding in order to settle her hands low on Taylor's hips and pull her closer.

"Honey, baby, love of my life, please?" Karlie pleads giving Taylor the most impressive pout and puppy dog eyes she can muster.

"Fine, don't say I never do anything for you" Taylor relents letting out a long-suffering sigh before pressing a quick kiss to Karlie's lips.

Karlie pulls her back in before she can get too far and kisses her again soft and slow. "I'll be eternally grateful," she whispers slipping her hands under the material of Taylor's sweater and patting Taylor's back. "Besides, I thought you of all people would be comfortable there."

Laughter bubbles up from Karlie's lips before she can stop it, and a hand over her mouth does nothing to stifle her giggles, shoulders shaking with the effort and Taylor just watches her with a raised eyebrow and a questioning expression.

Karlie shakes her head, really doesn't want to explain herself but Taylor's patient enough, and her nails rake down Karlie's side and make her squirm even more.

"What?" Taylor asks, her voice heavily laced with amusement, always unable to stay stoic when Karlie's so clearly enjoying herself and her laugh is infectious.

"The closet," Karlie manages to say in between her giggles.

Taylor's eyes go wide with indignation but Karlie's lost again, throwing her head back and tightening her hold on Taylor. She makes the mistake of looking at Taylor's face, and the picture of disbelief she finds there just makes her laugh harder.

"You done?" Taylor asks once Karlie's laughter peters out to gasps of breath and the occasional giggle, reaching out to wipe at Karlie's wet cheeks with a small, endeared smile.