Chapter 6 ♥

ll Christian ll

I loved being back home. I missed Tayla more than anything... but, I wouldn't be staying for long. I was being recruited back to the Marines for 5 more years. My mom will take it the hardest. She cant stand for us to be away to long. I just hate to see her.

It was early. I was up for no reason just wandering around the house. I looked into Tayla's room and she was sleeping. She looked so soft and gentle but god knows what she has been through. That's why im so protective of her. When I was 12 and Tayla was only 10, our now deceased Uncle tried to rape her. I walked in just as he was about to take her innocents. I met of side of me that I didn't know existed once so ever. I hit him so many, that's why he's now deceased and I went to juvenile for 2 months. My mom was a lawyer at the time. It wasn't the typical scary juvenile you see on tv. I ran that shit. I guess that's why it wasn't the same. They did whatever I told them to because nobody was going to whoop my ass about it.

I looked in on my mom and she was sitting on the edge of the bed staring at a picture. It was me, Tayla, my mom, and our dad Deon. He died on Tayla's 16th birthday. She was crying and at that moment I wanted to cry too. He was our everything. He was the pancakes you smelled on a Saturday morning, the newly budding roses in the spring, the excitement when you make you first 100 on a test. I closed the door gently because we agreed to let her morn for as long as she needed.

I took a good look around our house. I missed everything about it. Being gone for so long made me want to retire but that was my job, the reason why im not 6 feet under or on the streets dealing. I had to step up when my dad died because he always provided for us.

"Christian" Tayla rubbed her sleepy eyes and walked over to me.

"Why are you up baby girl?"

"I heard mom crying" She looked down at the floor and I embraced her in my arms.

"Its alright. She will be fine soon enough. It's a process."

"Christian, its been 5 years."

I looked at her because she had a good point. I just shook my head. "Just give her time"

.........

I know this is SHORT. But the next part will be out really really sooon! I love you guys!

-xoxo Jups(: