Chapter 4 ♥

ll Tayla ll

I sat on the couch alone just as my mom walked out the door for work. She had late shift and it was 10 o’clock. I turned on the news and got bored immediately until there was a report of shootings around the area.

“A young man was supposedly jumped by this young man and his group of boys”
Jordan’s picture popped on to the screen. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I always knew his ass would be in jail for stupid shit.

“Then, 2 shots were fired at the young man. He is now being hospitalized and in critical condition. He goes by the name of Markese Herring”

Markese’s picture popped up on to the screen and my drink flew out of my mouth.  Tears started to pour from my eyes immediately and they turned into anger. I cant believe Jordan would do something like this. I grabbed my car keys and  ran out into the pouring rain in shorts and a hoodie. My hair was a mess but I didn’t care. There were 4 hospitals in the Seattle area.

The first I went to hadn’t got any new patient in the last 2 weeks. The second one had 3 but none were Markese. The third one wasn’t allowing visitors.  I walked into the emergency room of the last hospital and Markese’s mom was there. Her eyes were red and she was shaken up. When she saw me, she ran into my outstretched arms and cried all over again. They showed me to his room and he was all bandaged up, and he was on an oxygen machine. He had to have surgery, and there was a 75% chance Markese would die.

My heart was slowly breaking into a million tiny pieces but they were held in place by the fact that he could live. He would be in a comma for days and I was prepared to wait. My mom brought me 2 weeks worth of clothes and for the first night, I sat there and cried the entire time. I wouldn’t be surprised if he had woke up from all of my crying. I walked around the hospital aimlessly then, decided to get some food. He would go into surgery at any time and I didn’t want to be there when he did.

“Tayla” Markese’s mom came up behind me “if Markese makes it out of this, we are moving to New Jersey. I know that’s far away and you care about my son a lot but, I cant stay here. Im sorry”

I looked at her and nodded just before the tears fell. I walked back to the room and he had been in and out of surgery already. I put my hand on his cheek. “You know Markese, you mean everything to me. Not just because your in the condition but, because you were my light. You might not be able to hear me but I have faith that you will survive this” I kissed his forehead and gathered all of my stuff. I walked out of the hospital. I don’t understand my own actions at this point. I just want to get out of here and get away from all of this.

9 MONTHS LATER

ll Markese ll

Being out here in New Jersey aint home to me. I hate being here but im thankful that im alive. I just miss Tayla more than anything. When I found I was leaving I went straight to her house and told her not the be sad or upset. It would be like she never met me, and that’s what I mean. I haven’t called her or texted her. I deleted my twitter, facebook, and any other social networking pages. I didn’t want her to be like that so, I had to do what I had to do. I heard every word she said that night and I couldn’t even respond. It was so bizarre and I just don’t know what to do. We both moving on im sure. But she will always be in my heart.

-------------------

I know this is short but im posting more today, anddddddd a new story (:

- xoxo , Jups.