Chapter 17 ♥

// TaKayla //

I didn't speak to Alexander all day and I wouldn't until he told Tayla the truth about Markese's unexpected apology. He walked around the house pouting and I would just turn my back to him.

"How you holding up baby girl?" I asked Tayla as she rubbed her belly. Her little bundle of joy could be here any day now.

"I'm great." She smiled

"Thought of any names?"

"Cadence Deon King." She said smiling.

"That's so cute!" I cooed. "Alex and I are thinking about adopting."

"That's great! There are so many kid's in need."

"Have you thought about Markese?" I asked. She bit her lip.

"I've tried calling and texting him and got nothing. I won't stress about this."

I sighed heavily. I didn't know if I should tell her about Markese's artificial apology or wait on Alexander. I didn't know if she would be upset because I knew but, didn't tell her.

"It'll be fine." I decided against opening my big mouth. It always got me in trouble.

"I'm going to get some rest." She was clearly avoiding the conversation about Markese.

I'm not the one to pry, so if you don't want to talk that's fine by me. I won't ask you more than twice what's wrong so, you better speak up or shut up. People will open their mouth when they're ready. You can't help somebody that doesn't want to be helped.

I closed her door then, went to my room and curled up on my bed. I was dozing off when Tayla appeared at my door. "I called him and he was having sex with another girl."

I quickly went over to her and pulled her into a hug. I felt her hot and silent tears soak through the shoulder of my shirt. "It's okay honey."

"Alexander told him to apologize too. I read some text."

My eyes wandered around the room and surprise got my words clogged up in my throat. I held her for the rest of the night but, she didn't cry for long. As the weeks went by, she was quiet. She hardly talked or even came out of the room she slept in at my house. Everyday she would shower, eat, draw, sing, and go to sleep. Cadence was 2 weeks late now and I was starting to get worried as the days went on. The little kicking feet inside my bestfriend helped ease my mind to believe he was just still cooking in the oven.

--------------

From: MyAlexTheGreat

TaKayla, I think we should take a break and see other people. I'll always be here for you and i love you. Goodbye.

_________________________

A/N - are you mad at me for the end of this? i hope not. I'm going to rap this up at about chapter 20 cause i have a lot of ideas for new stories. keep reading and comment!