Chapter 14 ♥

ll TaKayla ll

The sun didn’t seem as bright for some reason when I woke up with Alexander’s arms around me. I stroked his hair and watched him sleep. I knew he would be bringing up my little outburst I had from 2 in the morning. I never have said anything about the guilt eating me alive from losing our babies. He was going to say it wasn’t my fault anyhow but, seeing my best friend and her boyfriend successfully having their babies just made me slow down and think.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said opening his eyes and smiling a little bit.

“Good morning.” I said shyly. We slipped into the bathroom and went to our his and hers sinks and began to brush our teeth. Usually, we would be splashing each other with water but, it was completely silent.

He took my hand and led me back into the room. He sat me on his lap and I looked down at the floor. He used the tip of his index finger and pushed my chin up, making me look at him. “It’s not your fault what happened to our babies.” He started. Told you he would say that. “It just wasn’t God’s will at the moment.”

I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I know.”

He was quiet for a minute and his eyebrow’s furrowed as if he were thinking. “I’ve been thinking.” He hesitated and I looked at him telling him to continue with my eyes. “I want to adopt a baby and then think about having one later. I mean, we don’t have to but, there are so many kids out there without a home and honestly, I don’t think we can handle losing another baby.”

I nodded and a smile crept across my face. The fact that Alexander even cared enough about us having a baby was incredible. I hugged him tightly but, silence seemed to take over my emotions but, I couldn’t speak. I just rested there in his arms that were shaking like crazy.

ll Tayla ll

I was washing the few dishes in the sink when I heard the house phone ring. I let the answering machine get it. “Hey Markese. This is Jasmine. You left your shirt over my house. I had to much fun boo. Call me later, bye.”

The glass in my hand dropped and I froze as the answering machine beeped. “Tayla! What happened?” TaKayla had walked in then and was by my side leading me to the couch. I stopped her and replayed the message on the answering machine. Her mouth dropped open just as Markese walked in the door. “Who the hell is Jasmine, Markese?” She yelled before I could regain my voice.

“What?” He said sitting his gym bag on the counter and walking over to me. He started to kiss me but, I pulled away.

I pushed the button on the answering machine and the message played again. “Who the hell is Jasmine, Markese?” I repeated calmly.

Th-that’s just my sister.” He said stuttering and going in for another kiss and I pulled back again.

“Try again. You got 2 sisters that still live with your mom in Jersey.” I folded my arms.

He sighed heavily. “Baby le-“

“I can’t fucking believe you're cheating on me Markese.” I interrupted.

“No baby li-“

“Get out.” I said calmly as the tears started to fall down my face.

“I’m not che-“

“Then what the fuck do you call it? Some random bitch calling our house talking about you leaving shit at her house and she had fun with you. Im pregnant with your child and you wanna sleep around and fuck off. I know I fucked up but, I aint cheat on you.”

“Come on Tayla.” TaKayla grabbed my hand and led me out the door and not another word was spoken.

I didn’t cry nor did I cuss all the way to TaKayla’s house. I didn’t cry, eat ice cream, or listen to sad music. I simply stared at the floor as the rain beat down on the window. There was no pain and that’s when I realized my heart had went completely numb.

Take My Hand ♥जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें