Chapter 13 ♥

8 months later

ll Alexander ll

“Damn girl, you getting big.” I looked at Tayla and her baby bump. “I called it.” I said looking at TaKayla.

She nodded her head. “He called it as soon as you left that day.”

Tayla smiled brightly. Markese was at work and he didn’t want her to be alone at the house so close to her 9th month mark. He took so many precautions with her. He never missed a doctor’s appointment, he started and album with the ultrasounds in it and he started on the nursery as soon as they found out they were having a little baby boy. There was no drama with Jordan or Danielle. They had both went their separate ways.

“I hate Markese for doing this to me. Now I gotta get back in shape so I can fit all my clothes again.” She pouted and cradled her stomach. “It will all be worth it.”

“Have you guys picked out a name yet?” I asked and she shook her head.

“It’s kind of difficult to decide.” She smirked. “I wanted to name him after my brother or my dad but, I changed my mind a month after.”

“Name him Alexander.” I smiled brightly and she and TaKayla rolled their eyes simultaneously.

“Markese had been working so hard. He comes home every day and passes on my lap. I feel bad because I can’t do anything. He will wake up in the middle of the night during my outrageous cravings and he’s been dealing with my mood swings like they’re not even there.” She spoke after a minute.

TaKayla sighed. “Listen baby, you are carrying his child. He just wants to provide for both of you and not want you to want for anything. These last few years have been a rollercoaster for both of you. From yall breaking up, to you almost falling for Jordan, from him coming back and rescuing you from a nightmare. You don’t have to worry about a damn thing because he’s doing everything out of love. No matter how much you think he is hurting.”

“Damn Kay, that was deep.” I said looking at her. She shrugged.

“I learned that from you baby.” She pecked my lips and I smiled.

“Where yall baby at hell?” Tayla asked

“We waiting until we get like you and Markese.” TaKayla lied to her bestfriend.

The truth was TaKayla had been pregnant twice but, had a miscarriage every time. It slowly broke my heart every day to not have those babies running around her calling us their parents so we decided to hold off on sex for a while. That was another thing that broke my heart. Not being able to please my baby when she was upset. I could have easily seduced her but, I didn’t out of respect.

“Alexander Nathan Kell!” I heard TaKayla yell, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her. “Yes baby?”

“Markese is outside. We have to walk her to the car.” She said looking at me kind of funny.  I nodded and helped Tayla off of the couch. TaKayla opened the door for her and Markese embraced her gently.

“How are my babies doing?” He asked kissing her and then touching her belly.

“He been acting up since you weren’t here but, now he’s calm. Here comes trouble hell.” She rolled her eyes as he helped her into the car.

“Thanks for looking out for her.” He shook me up and hugged TaKayla before getting in the car and driving off.

I stood there watching their car drive off and thought about how life would be if me and TaKayla’s babies had been born. She came up beside me and intertwined out fingers, interrupting my thoughts again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was 2:02 and TaKayla wasn’t by my side. I got up and walked around the house. The kitchen light and the bathroom light was on. I peeked into the bathroom and TaKayla was sitting in the floor with her face in her knees, sobbing softly. I pulled her into my arms.

“What’s wrong baby?” I asked with a bit of fear in my voice.

“I’m sorry our babies didn’t make it Alex. I’m sorry for trying to push you away because I lost them. I just wish they were here.” She put her face into my bare chest as I carried her back to our bed. I gently laid her back down and wrapped my arms around her. I kissed her back of her neck and then rested my face in her neck. She cried until she finally drifter off to sleep.