Chapter 11 ♥

ll TaKayla ll

"What about this?" I asked Tayla holding up a pink sparkly dress.

"I hate pink and he hates sparkles." She responded and i threw the dress back on its hanger.

"Well, I dont know what to say. You've looked at all these dresses and you hate them." I sighed heavily and plopped down next to her. "You have 4 hours."

"How about this one?" Alex walked into the dressing room with a red dress that Tayla's eyes lit up for. It was off the shoulder, but had one sleeve that was cheetah print and the rest red. She hugged Alex and he laughed. "Anything for my baby sister."

"Thanks Kay. You've been a huge help too! Now, help me find shoes. I want cheetah print ones!" She dragged me to the shoe section and I wondered how a thank you turned into more hard work. She almost didnt need my help, she instantly found a pair of cheetah pumps on display and her size was front and center.

I drove her to my house where she took the longest shower of her life. When she came out she sat down on my vanity and I did her make up. Her eyelashes were already big and beautiful, but now they were bold. Her light skin blended well with her soft red eyeshadow. She smoothed on her red lipstick and clear lipgloss. Alex helped her put on her diamond necklace after sliding into her dress and then helped her put on her watch. She slid on her heels and stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled brightly and adjusted her hair, which was straightened and hanging down her back. Alex and I waved to her as we dropped her off at the restaurant.

"They grow up so fast" Alex joked before pulling off.

ll Markese ll

Tayla rounded the corner and my heart skipped a million beats. She looked gorgeous no matter what she wore, but tonight she was exquisite. Cheetah print always complimented her skin and she knew that I thought cheetah print on her was the sexiest. I walked up to her and took her hand. "Baby, you look amazing."

She flashed me a smile. "I try. You look amazing yourself Mr.Perfect" She said as she sat in the chair I pulled out for her. 

We ordered our food and I stared again in disbelief. "I swear every man is jealous of me right now." She started to blush and I reached for one of her hands. I kissed it gently. "I love every little thing about you. The sparkle in your eyes, your big smile, and tiny features. You dont know how happy you make me."

"Aww Markese. You're so sweet." She smiled again.

"It's all because of my lovely lady."

ll Tayla ll

After we finished eating, we went back to the house. Markese wouldnt let me pay for single thing, not even the 29 cents that were on the bill or the tip. We cuddled up on the floor by the fire. "Baby, why did you talke me back?" I asked staring into the fire, even though I knew his eyes were on me.

He sighed. "I had talked to my mom about you for the longest after we broke up. I had drawn pictures of you and wrote poems and even cried sometimes at night. Then, one day she sat me down and she said 'Boy, if you dont call that girl ill beat you with this jello!' So, as scared as I was, I at least texted you. When you wanted to meet up, I was so damn excited. I was jumping around screaming and telling my mom." He paused and looked at me. "I realized I was in love with you and that I didnt want to be without you. One day, Im marrying you, and I want to get old with you and have kids and watch them grow together. I want to hold the key to your heart and never lose you for as long as I live."

Tears started to form in my eyes and he kissed my lips gently. "Im sorry for all the things ive ever did to hurt you. It was stupid to let you go." I said quietly after he pulled away.

"Babygirl, dont be sorry because I wouldnt have known the meaning behind my feelings for you if I didnt." He held me closer and kissed my forehead.

"I love you" I said, fumbling with his hand.

"I love you even more." He said and picked me up. "That dress had me wanting you for the longest." We both laughed as he put me down gently on the bed and started to kiss my neck. "Yeah, this is what you want."