Chapter 2 ♥

ll Tayla ll

Jordan D’Angelo is in a relationship with Danielle Freeman.

I read this in astonishment … Jordan was dating my step-sister! Rage filled my mind but then it evaporated. Why should I care?  The words rang through my head and I shrugged my shoulders. It was 2 in the afternoon. I showered and did the normal morning thing then I changed into blue skinny jeans, a red shirt, and red vans. I let my wild and curly hair out of the ponytail it was in and grabbed my car keys. I was feeling a little uneasy for some reason.

The afternoon breeze was blowing and the sun wasn’t to hot… Perfect weather. The thought of what I had seen on facebook earlier ran through my mind. My phone started to play With You by Chris Brownstarted to play and I looked at the caller ID. I froze. That was my ex Markese’s ringtone .. He hadn’t texted or called me in months. I broke his heart and I know it.

New Text From : Markese </3

Hey Tay. You were on my mind… I miss you girl. I know everything that happened was majorly fucked up but, I forgive you.. Don’t be a stranger.

My eyes started to tear. He forgives me echoed in my head as the wind blew the tears from my face.

New Text To : Markese </3

(: .. we should hang out soon!

New Text From: Markese </3

How about now ? (: Meet me at the ice cream place (:!

I was 2 miles away from it but, I replied okay and turned around on the highway. I was driving aimlessly anyway.

------------------------------------------

“Hey girl!” Markese got up from the little booth he was sitting in and hugged me like he used to. He gave me this huge smile that was warm and welcome. He was wearing the stuff that I had bought him before I did what was stupid. He had never worn it since what happened.  “How you been?” He asked after I had started to drink my strawberry milkshake.

“I think I should be asking you that question” I smiled and he smirked.

“Im… surviving.” He looked out the window to a woman holding hands with her son and husband. I looked down at the table. Markese always said he wanted to have a son by me.

I sighed.”Markese – “ He touched my hand and I stopped.

ll Markese ll

“Shhh. Its okay. I said I forgave you. I didn’t invite you here to talk about the past. I just want you in my future.” The words were flowing out of no where. She would text me everyday and say how she missed me, how she was sorry, and how she just needed one more chance. I never replied because I was so hurt… then the texts stopped and I had the quietness to  think. I got over it and realized my life is a big ball of boring and hoes without her.

“Markese..” She was looking at our hands now, intertwined. “I need to go” She got up and left without any other words and she even left her strawberry shake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I woke the next morning with a headache and a feel for the water. I decided to swim. I went to my  backyard pool and dove in. The water was a get away from Tayla rejecting me yesterday. Well that’s what it felt like at least.  Now, I know how she felt when I rejected her millions of texts, calls, and emails. I don’t know why I just couldn’t let her go. I don’t know if it was her face, or her smile… or if it was just the way she held a conversation with me… I don’t know if it was her silliness or her love for Winnie The Pooh and Spongebob. I don’t know if it was the fact that she introduced me to all of her family , or the fact that she walks pigeontoed… but, I couldn’t let her go for all the things in the world I have.

I came up for a breath and Tayla was sitting in one of the pool side chairs dangling the house key I had given her years ago when we were just best friends. She smiled shyly at me started to undress. She had on her Winnie The Pooh bikini and she sat on the edge of the pool with her dainty feet in the water. I never took my eyes off of her and she lowered herself in the pool with a pout on her face. I swam over to her wrapped my arms around her waist. I could see the dark circles she had around her eyes and I could tell she hadn’t slept but, cried all night. She wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face in my shoulder. I hugged her tight and she started to cry.

“Hey now. None of that” I pulled away and splashed a little water on her face. She giggled and splashed a little on me.

“You’re a dork” She laughed wiping her tears.

I rolled my eyes. “But you love me” She nodded and looked down. “And I love you back.” She looked back up at me, as one of her curls fell in her face. She smiled at me brightly and I knew that things were going to be alright between me and Tayla.