3. Dance

Darryl POV:

After the announcement about Prince Ahmed, the village had prepared a bash in the square as a small celebration. I believe it's only respectful for me to introduce myself to King Ahmed because he was a friend of my fathers. 

The townspeople are dancing as music is played in the background. I see my sister, children, my mother, Ms. Niki, Ms. Rebecca, Ant, and others among us dancing. Callahan tries to dance along with the others but it seems his talents are only in the medical field. 

Mr. Blade is sitting on a log near a fire cheering and clapping along. Mr. Schlatt, Michael, and Alex are rounded together drinking. The knights for the royals are scattered around the town to make sure nothing goes array. I wonder where among these knights is my elder brother, Clay. 

The princess, queen, and king are sitting down watching with smiles as everyone enjoys the night. And out the corner of my eye, I see Pastor Preston is speaking to the Prince.

Zak POV:

Pastor Preston comes up to me, "Prince Ahmed! Wonderful to see you! How have you been doing?" 

I smile, "Splendid but busy preparing for the coronation." 

He nods, "Yes, it's a very big ceremony coming ahead. I'm excited to see you soon become king, Prince Ahmed." 

I smile, "Thank you. It'll be a large responsibility, but I am prepared to handle the actions needed as the new king." 

He says, "Is it alright if I pull you aside for a moment my Prince?" 

I replied, "Yes?" 

Pastor Preston and I walk to a quieter area and the only one who's followed us is my guard, Dave. Pastor Preston asks, "So son, those past thoughts of yours, all are long gone I presume?" 

I nod my head, "Yes Pastor Preston. I was a foolish boy to think such things, I now see the lord's plans for me." 

He smiles, "Wonderful son. It's important to know your mistakes, but now you see the disgust of your past, and the true path you are set on for the future." 

I smile, "Of course...was that all?" 

He says, "Yes. I will go join the crowd in the parade and feel free to dance a little Prince Ahmed. I'm sure some dancing won't be of any harm." 

I reply, "Perhaps later on." 

He says, "Alright, I'll be off." I give a wave as he walks away. 

Dave asks me, "Prince Ahmed, would you like to go back to your family?" 

I sigh, "Yes." 

As we walk back to my family, I remember how nearly a year ago, I was forced to attend private lessons by Pastor Preston because of personal matters mentioned to my family...but I've moved on from those memories and my entire focus is on becoming king now. 

We walk back and I see the man, same on I saw earlier in the crowd, speaking to my father.

Darryl POV:

I walk up to the king and the guards stop me before I proceed. The king looks at me and I suppose I have some similarities to my father. He says, "I want to speak with him." The guards move out of the way and I stand in front of the king. 

He asks, "Are you Noah Saint's son?" 

I nod, "Yes King Ahmed." 

He smiles, "It's been a while boy! Come sit here, my son is off somewhere."