7. Special Town

Zak POV:

The sun shines into my room to break my slumber in the dawn of day. I get out of my bed and yawn as the birds quietly chirp in the background. I seem to have woken far earlier than everyone else. I put on my proper attire and walk out of my room. Samira and my parents are still asleep, along with most of the laborers. 

But Geo is awake and he says, "Good morning Prince Ahmed. Would you like a cup of tea or coffee?" 

I nod, "Tea sounds nice, thank you Geo." 

He nods, "Of course, where shall I bring it to you?" 

I shrug, "I'll be in the library." 

Geo replies, "Alright sir." 

I walk to the library and walk amongst our shelves looking for a story to read, preferably one I haven't read already. 

My eyes catch on to a recent book I've read, "The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli. It's about showing a ruler, or ruler to be, how to maintain a safe and prosperous state. But also as a way for the author to redeem himself in the eyes of the ruler of Florence. 

Any who, I keep wandering around looking for a book that wouldn't be dusted and worn with my fingerprints already on it. "Love's Labour's Lost" by William Shakespeare...I opened the book and read the first page. Interesting enough, and I love works by Shakespeare. 

I grab the book and sit in my chair to be lost into the world. Geo knocks on the library doors and enters, "Your tea Prince Ahmed." I grab it from his hand and put it on the table. 

I replied, "Thank you Geo." 

He bows, "Anything else Prince Ahmed?" 

I shake my head, "No i'm alright, thank you, you're excused." Geo leaves the room and I read while sipping on my tea. 

Been a nice hour or so, halfway through the book, when something of course has to disturb the peace. Samira barges into the library, "Zak! I've been looking for you all morning!" 

I roll my eyes, "Yes of course. And what is the matter you need me for?" 

Samira sighs, "Father and mother wont allow me to go to the Badlands!" 

I sigh, "And why do you want to go there in the first place?" 

She replies, "To see Darryl of course! It feels like a century since I've seen his green pearls of eyes. I want to go see Darryl! Convince father and mother Zak, please!" 

I want to see him too...I sigh, "I'll see what I can do." I get up and go to my parents as Samira stomps off to her room like the ogre she is. 

I say, "Father, mother, good morning." 

They reply, "Good morning Zak." 

I ask, "Is Samira not allowed to go to the Badlands?" 

They nod and mother says, "Who knows what could happen to her?" 

Father says, "We love Samira Zak, you know, but she might not be able to be the best image for us to send to the village. What if she were to act out of line? Then that'd reflect poorly on us." 

Mother says, "It's best she remains here or visits when we go." 

I say, "I understand...well...may I go?" 

My mother asks, "Where?" 

I replied, "To the Badlands?" 

Father asks, "And why is that? To see Lucy?"